Book Store

Image of English the American Way: A Fun ESL Guide to Language & Culture in the U.S. w/Audio CD & MP3 (English as a Second Language Series)

English the American Way: A Fun ESL Guide to Language & Culture in the U.S. w/Audio CD & MP3 (English as a Second Language Series)

Research & Education Association
Show/hide full description or See full details
REA's English the American Way: A Fun ESL Guide to Language & Culture in the U.S. with Audio CD + MP3

A fun guide to everything American for the English language learner!

The warm and witty authors of Celebrate the American Way: A Fun ESL Guide to Language and Culture in the U.S. get you started on your ESL journey with English the American Way: A Fun ESL Guide to Language & Culture in the U.S.

English the American Way is your companion to everyday life in the United States. Engaging, easy-to-follow chapters highlight important topics in American culture, such as: making friends, getting around, dining out, dealing with money, buying a home, what to do in an emergency, visiting the doctor, handling a job interview, and more.

Our ESL author experts (Sheila MacKechnie Murtha and Jane Airey O'Connor) give English language learners must-know vocabulary, commonly used phrases, wacky idioms, and sample dialogues that illustrate everyday American life. You'll have fun along the way as you improve your English language and grammar skills with sentence completions, quizzes, and helpful tips.

Practice speaking English like an American until you're perfect! Improve your listening and speaking skills with the dialogues included on our audio CD and MP3 download.

English the American Way is an excellent resource for ESL students and teachers, English language learners, and professionals of all ages and all nationalities.

If you're looking for a fun and easy way to improve your English language skills, this is the book for you!

Don't miss the second book in the series… Celebrate the American Way: A Fun ESL Guide to English Language and Culture in the U.S.

Sold by Amazon.com: Usually ships in 24 hours
Image of Esl (English As A Second Lang) (Quickstudy: Academic)

Esl (English As A Second Lang) (Quickstudy: Academic)

QuickStudy

Created to accompany ESL courses.

The basics of English in a simple, easy-to-use format.

Image of ESL Conversation Lessons: Instant Lessons that Get your English Language Students Talking

ESL Conversation Lessons: Instant Lessons that Get your English Language Students Talking

CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
ESL Conversation Lessons: Instant Lessons that Get your English Language Students Talking! is the complete resource for ESL/EFL teachers created to really get your students talking through interesting and fun topics. This book contains not only questions but also activities including, role-plays, board games, discussions and much more designed to get your students speaking effortlessly. Lessons are best suited to lower intermediate to advance level learners. Features: • Instant lessons. Print and go type lessons inside. • Easy to follow lessons. • Hundreds of questions PLUS plenty of other conversation activities. • Tried and tested topics that students all over the world can talk about. • Online access- FREE Downloadable worksheets provided online for easy printing. All materials are organised and integrated in a structured lesson plan planned to eliminate your preparation time while giving your students a perfectly structured lesson. Offer your students the best lessons with ESL Conversation Lessons: Instant Lessons that Get your English Language Students Talking!
Image of ESL Worksheets and Activities for Kids

ESL Worksheets and Activities for Kids

ECQ Publishing
Do you teach ESL to kids or do you teach native English speaking kindergartners? If so, then this book is going to make your life a little bit easier.

The activities and worksheets in the book are great as filler material or as main lesson activities. So whether you are looking to fill up an entire class lesson plan or just need a warm up, this book has you covered.

It covers these commonly taught topics: Shapes, numbers, family time, months, days, weather, prepositions, money, and animals.

The pages are made to be copied/printed and have no branding or page numbers, so it looks like you made it.
Image of The ESL / ELL Teacher's Survival Guide: Ready-to-Use Strategies, Tools, and Activities for Teaching English Language Learners of All Levels

The ESL / ELL Teacher's Survival Guide: Ready-to-Use Strategies, Tools, and Activities for Teaching English Language Learners of All Levels

Jossey-Bass
A much-needed resource for teaching English to all learners

The number of English language learners in U.S. schools is projected to grow to twenty-five percent by 2025. Most teachers have English learners in their classrooms, from kindergarten through college. The ESL/ELL Teacher?s Survival Guide offers educators practical strategies for setting up an ESL-friendly classroom, motivating and interacting with students, communicating with parents of English learners, and navigating the challenges inherent in teaching ESL students.

• Provides research-based instructional techniques which have proven effective with English learners at all proficiency levels
  • Offers thematic units complete with reproducible forms and worksheets, sample lesson plans, and sample student assignments
  • The book?s ESL lessons connect to core standards and technology applications

This hands-on resource will give all teachers at all levels the information they need to be effective ESL instructors.

Image of Practice Makes Perfect English Vocabulary for Beginning ESL Learners (Practice Makes Perfect Series)

Practice Makes Perfect English Vocabulary for Beginning ESL Learners (Practice Makes Perfect Series)

McGraw-Hill Education

Master the words and phrases necessary for handling everyday situations

Practice Makes Perfect: English Vocabulary for Beginning ESL Learners helps you develop your vocabulary by providing practice in word-building and encouraging you to analyze new words for an ever-increasing vocabulary. Each chapter of this comprehensive book focuses on a theme, such as family or travel, so you can build your language skills in a systematic manner. As you lay the foundation for an increasing vocabulary, you are able to perfect your new words with plenty of exercises and gain the confidence to communicate well in English.

Practice Makes Perfect: English Vocabulary offers you:

• More than 220 exercises
  • Concise grammatical explanations
  • A new chapter on contemporary vocabulary
  • An answer key to gauge your comprehension

With help from this book, you can easily speak or write in English about:
Different occupations and jobs * American holidays and traditions * Taking the train * Growing your own garden * Where it hurts on your body * Your house * Your family and friends * What you studied in school * Your favorite TV show * Your family's background . . . and much more!

Image of Esl Verbs (Quickstudy Reference Guides - Academic)

Esl Verbs (Quickstudy Reference Guides - Academic)

QuickStudy

Guide to accompany a course covering English as a Second Language (ESL).

Image of English Made Easy Volume One: A New ESL Approach: Learning English Through Pictures

English Made Easy Volume One: A New ESL Approach: Learning English Through Pictures

Tuttle Publishing
This is a fun and user–friendly way to learn English

English Made Easy is a breakthrough in English language learning—imaginatively exploiting how pictures and text can work together to create understanding and help learners learn more productively. It gives beginner English learners easy access to the vocabulary, grammar and functions of English as it is actually used in a comprehensive range of social situations. Self–guided students and classroom learners alike will be delighted by the way they are helped to progress easily from one unit to the next, using a combination of pictures and text to discover for themselves how English works. The pictorial method used in this book is based on a thorough understanding of language structure and how language is successfully learned. The authors are experienced English language teachers with strong backgrounds in language analysis and language learning.

English Made Easy, Volume 1 consists of a total of 20 units arranged in groups of five. The first four units presents language and provide learners the opportunities to practice as they learn. The first page of each unit has a list of all the words and phrases to be learned in that unit, together with pronunciation guide. At the end of each unit, an interesting story which uses the language that has just been learned is presented. The fifth unit in each group contains exercises designed to reinforce the language learned in the first four units.
Image of Practice Makes Perfect English Grammar for ESL Learners, 2nd Edition: With 100 Exercises

Practice Makes Perfect English Grammar for ESL Learners, 2nd Edition: With 100 Exercises

McGraw-Hill Education

Build a solid foundation in English grammar

As a beginning learner of English, you might find that grammar concepts such as indefinite articles, relative pronouns, the passive voice, or gerunds can be confusing. To go forward with your English skills, you need guidance through tricky grammar areas. That's where Practice Makes Perfect: English Grammar for ESL Learners comes in.

Practice Makes Perfect: English Grammar for ESL Learners offers a complete overview of English grammar using concise, easy-to-understand language. It will help increase your confi dence writing and communicating in English. Thanks to the proven Practice Makes Perfect format, you will polish your English grammar skills in no time at all.

Practice Makes Perfect: English Grammar for ESL Learners helps you:

• Understand the different rules and elements of grammar
  • Build your grammar skills with more than 100 engaging exercises
  • Broaden your knowledge with sentence rewrites and creative writing prompts
  • New! Test your overall comprehension with a review section
Image of ESL Classroom Activities for Teens and Adults: ESL games, fluency activities and grammar drills for EFL and ESL students.

ESL Classroom Activities for Teens and Adults: ESL games, fluency activities and grammar drills for EFL and ESL students.

Make your ESL teaching a complete success & FREE BONUS

Now you can make teaching and learning English fun again.  Stop spending so much time preparing lessons !  Enjoy what you do best, being in the classroom.  Your free time is your own time, save your energy for the students. Now you can have a classroom full of attentive and excited students using ESL Classroom Games and Activities for Teens and Adults.

After years of teaching and ten years of writing, Shelley Ann Vernon has prepared a fun-filled book of classroom activities for ESL teachers.  Pump some energy into your classroom and get your students talking, even the shy ones.

ESL Classroom Activities for Teens and Adults is a great resource for schools.  Schedules are jam-packed but with this book teachers won't need to plan their next lesson during lunch.  It's also great for new teachers who are nervous or overwhelmed.

Each classroom is unique and this book is full of variants to cater for your group sizes and levels of English. Shelley has taught all levels of English.  She also draws on the experience of many other teachers who have contributed to the book.  This updated edition is a rich and varied selection of activities to make your classroom dynamic and fun.
Learn how to:
  • Make learning fun
  • Make your students feel more confident speaking English
  • Help students learn and remember new vocabulary and grammar easily
  • Have more motivated students
  • And even become a more popular teacher
  • This book will help you avoid some teaching pitfalls and help you become the effective, fun teacher you want to be.

Getting Your FREE Bonus

Inside this book is access to a 70-page printable appendix of ready-made templates for some more elaborate games. Print and go! That said most of the games don't need any printing or preparation, but for those that do, templates are provided with this bonus to save you time. Buy your copy of ESL Classroom Games and Activities for Teens and Adults by scrolling up and clicking Buy Now With 1-Click.

Pages