Book Store

Image of IELTS Premier with 8 Practice Tests: Online + Book + CD (Kaplan Test Prep)

IELTS Premier with 8 Practice Tests: Online + Book + CD (Kaplan Test Prep)

Kaplan Publishing
Show/hide full description or See full details
Comprehensive preparation for the IELTS

Each year, hundreds of thousands of people in over 140 countries worldwide take the IELTS exam in order to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. The exam, which gauges comprehension by testing listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills, is used for entrance into universities, nonacademic business settings, and as a part of immigration applications for permanent residence or citizenship in several English-speaking countries. The IELTS is an approved English-language test for U.S. and UK naturalization and visa applications.

Kaplan's IELTS programme provides in-depth review, test-taking strategies, and test-like practice questions for all four sections of the Academic and General Training tests.

This comprehensive guide features:
* 8 full-length practice tests: 6 Academic IELTS and 2 General Training IELTS to prepare for both versions of the exam
* Practice questions with detailed answer explanations
* In-depth review of the content and abilities tested on each section of the test, along with Kaplan’s proven methods and skill-building strategies
* CD with audio tracks for test-like listening and speaking practice
* NEW and EXCLUSIVE Interactive online centre with score reports, mock interviews, and audio tracks
Sold by Amazon.com: Usually ships in 24 hours
Image of The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers with DVD-ROM (Cambridge English)

The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers with DVD-ROM (Cambridge English)

Cambridge English
The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS is THE definitive guide to IELTS. It contains all you need to succeed in the exam. Skill-building exercises cover all of the question types in the exam for both the General Training and Academic Modules. Our research into real IELTS candidates' exam answers - and the mistakes they make, helps you avoid the same ones! Eight official practice tests and a focus on test-taking strategy help you maximise your score. Videos of the Speaking test, and all the listening material, including the tests, can be found on the DVD-ROM or downloaded via an accompanying App from iTunes or Google Play. IELTS is jointly managed by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment.
Image of Cambridge IELTS 11 Academic Student's Book with Answers: Authentic Examination Papers (IELTS Practice Tests)

Cambridge IELTS 11 Academic Student's Book with Answers: Authentic Examination Papers (IELTS Practice Tests)

Cambridge English
Cambridge IELTS 11 contains four authentic IELTS examination papers from Cambridge English Language Assessment, providing excellent exam practice. The Student's Book with answers allows students to familiarise themselves with IELTS and to practise examination techniques using authentic tests. It contains four complete tests for Academic candidates. An introduction to these modules is included in the book, together with an explanation of the scoring system used by Cambridge English Language Assessment. There is a comprehensive section of answers and tapescripts at the back of the book. Audio CDs containing the material for the Listening Tests, and a Student's Book with answers with downloadable Audio are sold separately. These tests are also available as IELTS Academic Tests 1-4 on Testbank.org.uk
Image of Cambridge IELTS 11 General Training Student's Book with answers: Authentic Examination Papers (IELTS Practice Tests)

Cambridge IELTS 11 General Training Student's Book with answers: Authentic Examination Papers (IELTS Practice Tests)

Cambridge English
Cambridge IELTS 11 contains four authentic IELTS examination papers from Cambridge English Language Assessment, providing excellent exam practice. The Student's Book with answers allows students to familiarise themselves with IELTS General Training and to practise examination techniques using authentic tests. An introduction to these modules is included in the book, together with an explanation of the scoring system used by Cambridge English Language Assessment. There is a comprehensive section of answers and tapescripts at the back of the book. Audio CDs containing the material for the Listening Tests, and a Student's Book with answers with downloadable Audio are sold separately. These tests are also available as IELTS General Training Tests 1-4 on Testbank.org.uk
Image of IELTS Superpack, 3rd Edition

IELTS Superpack, 3rd Edition

Barron's Educational Series
Academics and professionals looking to validate their English language proficiency by taking the IELTS get the most comprehensive preparation available anywhere with Barron's IELTS Superpack It consists of the brand-new Barron's IELTS manual with MP3 CD, IELTS Practice Exams with 2 audio CDs, IELTS Strategies and Tips with MP3 CD, and Barron's Essential Words for the IELTS with MP3 CD. The books in the Superpack have a combined total value of $86.96. Students who purchase the IELTS Superpack for $59.99 get more than 30% off the price of items purchased separately.
Image of Barron's IELTS with MP3 CD, 4th Edition

Barron's IELTS with MP3 CD, 4th Edition

Barron's Educational Series
The IELTS test is used as a measure of English language proficiency by over 7,000 educational institutions, government departments and agencies, and professional organizations in 135 countries. This updated manual for ESL students covers all parts of the IELTS and all of its question types: multiple-choice, short answer, sentence completion, flowchart completion, graphs, tables, note taking, summarizing, labeling diagrams and maps, classification, matching, and selecting from a list. Students will find:
  • Four practice Academic tests reflective of the most recent exams
  • Two practice General Training tests
  • An MP3 CD containing audio for all tests and activities
  • Explanatory answers for all test questions

Also includes an audioscript for the listening sections.
Image of Target Band 7: IELTS Academic Module - How to Maximize Your Score (second edition)

Target Band 7: IELTS Academic Module - How to Maximize Your Score (second edition)

Simone Braverman
This excellent self-study book for intense IELTS preparation in a few weeks is designed to help students achieve their best personal score. All the tips, techniques, strategies and advice are focused on maximizing students’ score by increasing their task-solving speed and efficiency, and preventing typical mistakes. 'Target Band 7' is loved by teachers as well as students.
Image of Official IELTS Practice Materials 2 with DVD

Official IELTS Practice Materials 2 with DVD

Cambridge English
A comprehensive teacher resource pack to help teachers who are preparing students to take the IELTS test. Written by Cambridge ESOL examiners and material writers with many years of experience preparing IELTS tests, this pack shows candidates how each of the tests is assessed and provides valuable tips. The book contains: practice tests for Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing (both Academic and General Training); Listening, Reading and Writing answer sheets; Listening and Reading practice test answer keys and Listening tapescripts; sample candidate Writing responses and examiner comments; sample candidate Speaking tests and examiner comments. The DVD contains a Listening test for candidates to practise and film footage of three students taking the Speaking test.
Image of Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module - How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition)

Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module - How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition)

Simone Braverman
NEW! Now includes a full IELTS practice test. This excellent self-study book for intense IELTS preparation in a few weeks is designed to help students achieve their best personal score. All the tips, techniques, strategies and advice are focused on maximizing students’ score by increasing their task-solving speed and efficiency, and preventing typical mistakes. 'Ace the IELTS' is loved by teachers as well as students.
Image of Writing for the IELTS

Writing for the IELTS

Barron's Educational Series
Discover everything you'll need to know in order to write well for the IELTS test, whether you are planning to take the Academic or the General Training version. This book will help IELTS test takers learn several essential skills, including:
  • Task Achievement: follow a three-step model to plan, write, and revise your essays
  • Coherence and Cohesion: practice organizing your writing and connecting ideas
  • Lexical Resource: build your vocabulary and use it correctly
  • Grammatical Range and Accuracy: review rules and practice applying them to your writing

Each section leads you step-by-step through the process of writing an essay in response to a particular task. Learn how to apply what you've learned, familiarize yourself with the types of questions you'll have to respond to on the test, complete your responses within the time limits, and more. An Appendix also includes a More Writing Practice section with a selection of essays written in response to IELTS writing tasks.

Pages