Book Store

Image of The Official SAT Study Guide, 2016 Edition

The Official SAT Study Guide, 2016 Edition

College Board
Show/hide full description or See full details

The Official SAT Study Guide includes 4 official SAT® practice tests created by the test maker. As part of the College Board’s commitment to transparency, all four practice tests are available on the College Board’s website, but The Official SAT Study Guide is the only place to find them in print along with over 300 pages of additional instruction, guidance, and test information. Launching in March 2016, the new SAT introduces new question formats and content. Be ready with strategies and up-to-date information straight from the team that created the exam. Students will gain valuable experience and raise their confidence by taking practice tests, learning about test structure, and gaining a deeper understanding of what is tested on the SAT. The Official SAT Study Guide will help students get ready for the SAT with:

• 4 official SAT practice tests, written in the exact same process and by the same team of authors as the actual exam
• detailed descriptions of the math and evidenced based reading and writing sections of the SAT
• targeted practice questions for each SAT question type
• guidance on the new optional essay, including practice essay questions with sample responses
• a review of math concepts tested in the exam
• test-taking approaches and suggestions that underscore important points
• seamless integration with Khan Academy's free SAT practice resources
• scaled scoring for all 4 official SAT practice tests available in July on collegeboard.org

There's also a complete chapter on the new PSAT/NMSQT®, which is aligned to the content and scores of the new SAT. The new PSAT/NMSQT also has over $180 million of scholarships connected to student performance.

This is the guide for the new SAT that launches in March 2016 and the new PSAT/NMQST that launches in October 2015.

Sold by Amazon.com: Usually ships in 24 hours
Image of 6 Practice Tests for the SAT, 2017 Edition (College Test Preparation)

6 Practice Tests for the SAT, 2017 Edition (College Test Preparation)

Princeton Review
YOU'LL NEED EXTRA PRACTICE TO ACHIEVE AN EXCELLENT SCORE.

The new SAT is still an unknown quantity for many students—and we all know that practice is one of the best ways to get comfortable with any exam.

6 Practice Tests for the SAT provides six complete opportunities to assess whether your skills are up to the mark on the new SAT’s higher-level math questions and reading comprehension passages. Detailed answer explanations for every practice problem support your progress, and help you to master every aspect of the test.

Practice Your Way to Perfection.
• 6 full-length practice tests and answers for the new SAT
• Hands-on exposure to the test, with over 900 questions
• Self-scoring reports to help you assess your test performance

Work Smarter, Not Harder.
• Diagnose and learn from your mistakes with in-depth answer explanations
• See The Princeton Review’s techniques in action and solidify your SAT knowledge
• Learn fundamental approaches for achieving content mastery
Image of Cracking the SAT Premium Edition with 6 Practice Tests, 2017: The All-in-One Solution for Your Highest Possible Score (College Test Preparation)

Cracking the SAT Premium Edition with 6 Practice Tests, 2017: The All-in-One Solution for Your Highest Possible Score (College Test Preparation)

Princeton Review
SUCCEED ON THE SAT WITH THE PRINCETON REVIEW! With 6 full-length practice tests, content reviews for all sections of the test, and techniques for scoring success, this Premium Edition of Cracking the SAT covers every facet of this challenging test.

Techniques That Actually Work.

· Powerful tactics to help you avoid traps and beat the SAT
· Pacing tips to help you maximize your time
· Detailed examples of how to employ each strategy to your advantage

Everything You Need to Know to Help Achieve a High Score.
· Comprehensive subject review for every section of the exam
· Valuable practice with complex reading comprehension passages and higher-level math problems
· Hands-on experience with all question types, including multi-step problems, passage-based grammar questions, and more

Practice Your Way to Excellence.
· 6 full-length practice tests (4 in the book, 2 online) with detailed answer explanations
· Drills for each test section—Reading, Writing and Language, and Math
· In-depth online score reports for all practice tests to help analyze your performance and track your progress

Online Access to Our Exclusive Premium Portal:
· Multi-week study plan guides
· Access to college and university rankings, college admissions advice, and financial aid tips
· Videos to acquaint you with SAT test-taking strategies and commonly tested topics
· 
Special “SAT Insider” section packed with helpful info on picking your perfect school and writing essays that stand out

Prep with confidence when you prep with The Princeton Review!
Image of SAT Premier 2017 with 5 Practice Tests: Online + Book (Kaplan Test Prep)

SAT Premier 2017 with 5 Practice Tests: Online + Book (Kaplan Test Prep)

Kaplan Publishing
Prep Smarter for the SAT. Our SAT prep guide features exclusive methods and strategies as well as more than 1,400 practice questions guaranteed to raise your SAT score! Each practice question is accompanied by a step-by-step explanation that shows you how to get the right answer the expert way.

SAT Premier 2017 program includes:
* 5 realistic, full-length practice tests, including a Diagnostic Test to guide your studies: 2 in the book, 3 online
* 1,400+ practice questions with detailed explanations
* Online center with one-year access to additional practice questions and prep resources
* Scoring, analysis, and explanations for 2 official SAT Practice Tests
* Expert video tutorials from master teachers
* Kaplan Methods for the more challenging Reading Comprehension, Writing and Language, and Essay sections of the new SAT
* Kaplan Methods for the new difficult math content tested on the new SAT

Prepare for the SAT with confidence! With more than 75 years of experience and more than 95% of our students getting into their top-choice schools, Kaplan knows how to increase your score and get you into your top-choice college!

SAT Premier 2017 provides you with everything you need to improve your score, guaranteed—or you'll receive a full refund.
Image of 8 Practice Tests for the SAT 2017: 1,200+ SAT Practice Questions (Kaplan Test Prep)

8 Practice Tests for the SAT 2017: 1,200+ SAT Practice Questions (Kaplan Test Prep)

Kaplan Publishing
Practice makes perfect!

Prep Smarter. Now that the College Board's redesigned SAT is in effect, there’s nothing like a lot of practice to help build the necessary edge to increase your score. 8 Practice Tests for the SAT 2017 provides more practice tests than any other guide on the market.

8 Practice Tests for the SAT 2017 features:
* 8 realistic full-length practice tests with detailed answer explanations
* 450+ Math Grid-Ins and Multiple-Choice questions
* 400+ Evidence-Based Reading questions
* 350+ Writing and Language questions
* 8 Essay Prompts, complete with model essays and a self-grading guide
* Detailed answer explanations written by test experts to help you determine your strengths and weaknesses and improve your performance.

Kaplan guarantees that if you study with the 8 Practice Tests for the SAT 2017, you will score higher on the SAT—or you'll receive a full refund.
Image of Barron's NEW SAT, 28th Edition (Barron's Sat (Book Only))

Barron's NEW SAT, 28th Edition (Barron's Sat (Book Only))

Barron's Educational Series
This completely revised edition reflects all of the new question types that will appear on the NEW SAT, scheduled to be administered in Spring 2016. This book contains:
  • A diagnostic test and four full-length practice tests with all questions answered and explained
  • An overview of the SAT, an explanation of the test’s scoring method, and study advice
  • Test-taking tactics for the exam as a whole, and special strategies for each part of the test
  • Subject reviews covering all of the sections on the new test
  • Detailed instruction in writing the optional SAT essay
  • An optional CD-ROM that features additional full-length practice exams with automatic scoring and fully explained answers.
  • Sold by Amazon.com: Usually ships in 24 hours
    Image of Barron's NEW SAT Flash Cards, 3rd Edition: 500 Flash Cards to Help You Achieve a Higher Score

Barron's NEW SAT Flash Cards, 3rd Edition: 500 Flash Cards to Help You Achieve a Higher Score

Barron's Educational Series
    Practice and review questions for all sections of the new 2016 SAT are presented on this set of 500 revised and updated flash cards. The math cards include 75 important math facts and 25 valuable strategies that students need to know in order to answer SAT math questions successfully, as well as 100 sample SAT problems in multiple formats. The grammar cards present multiple-choice questions in proper sentence construction. The vocabulary cards present two words per card with definitions on the reverse side—a total of 200 new words for test takers to learn. These boxed cards are designed with a punch hole in one corner. The hole can accommodate an enclosed metal key-ring-style card holder that students can use to customize study on the go.
    Image of Kaplan Math Workbook for the New SAT (Kaplan Test Prep)

Kaplan Math Workbook for the New SAT (Kaplan Test Prep)

Kaplan Publishing
    Prepare for the New SAT with confidence! With more than 75 years of experience and more than 95% of our students getting into their top-choice schools, Kaplan knows how to increase your score and get you into your top-choice college!

Prep Smarter. Not Harder. Kaplan’s Math Workbook for the New SAT provides everything you need to master the challenging Math on the College Board's New SAT! It reviews every concept from basic Algebra to Advanced Trig and will help you focus your studies on the most important math topics to increase your score! This focused guide includes in-depth coverage of every math concept tested on the New SAT as well as effective score-raising methods and strategies for building speed and accuracy from Kaplan’s top math experts.

Kaplan’s SAT Math Workbook contains many essential and unique features to help improve test scores, including:

* 16 comprehensive Math Practice Sets with detailed explanations
    * More than 250 practice questions with expert explanations
    * Methods and Strategies to improve your Math score
    * Techniques for Multiple Choice, Grid-In, and Extended Thinking questions
    * Review of important Math Concepts

Kaplan’s Math Workbook for the New SAT provides you with everything you need to improve your Math score—guaranteed. Kaplan has helped more than three million students successfully prepare for standardized tests, so we know that our test-taking techniques, methods, and strategies work. Kaplan’s SAT Math Workbook is the must-have preparation tool for every student looking to score higher and get into their top-choice college!
    Image of Ivy Global's New SAT Guide, 2nd Edition

Ivy Global's New SAT Guide, 2nd Edition

Ivy Global
    Ivy Global's New SAT Guide (2nd Edition) is the updated version of the first comprehensive test preparation book to help students ace the 2016 redesigned SAT. This book has been significantly revised to improve on Ivy Global's popular guide to be in a slimmer, more refined package.

This book includes:

• Extensive strategies and content for Evidence-based Reading and Writing, Math, and the optional Essay
  • Three full-length tests
  • 500+ additional SAT-style drill problems
  • Seven practice essay prompts
  • Access to additional resources online, from online explanations to extra practice

Why Ivy Global?

• Rigor-Tested Questions: Unlike other test products, we perform actual testing with high school students to help calibrate our tests' difficulty.
  • High-quality Passages: Passages for reading and essay sections are adapted from articles in The New York Times, The Atlantic, and other high-quality publications.
  • Most-like College Board: Our tests closely adhere to the College Board's test specifications and practice tests.
  • Real-time Scoring: The book includes access to our scoring system, which will enable you to break down your strengths and weaknesses.
    Image of 3rd Edition, The Ultimate Guide to SAT Grammar

3rd Edition, The Ultimate Guide to SAT Grammar

CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
    Note: Updates to address some minor typographical errors were made to this book in December 2016.

The third edition of The Ultimate Guide to SAT Grammar provides comprehensive coverage of all the grammar and rhetoric tested on the redesigned SAT multiple choice Writing section. Dozens of exercises help students move from studying concepts individually to applying their skills in a passage-based context. Includes complete indices of College Board/Khan Academy questions, arranged both by category and by test.

This book is intended to be used in conjunction with the Official College Board Guide, 3rd Ed. and with the Ultimate Guide to SAT® Grammar Workbook, 3rd Ed. (http://www.amazon.com/Edition-Ultimate-Grammar-Workbook-Volume/dp/1518794106).

Errata p. 37, question 4. Choice D should read “sentence 3” (books purchased before 4/29/16).

p. 63, Last paragraph before the sample question should read, “As a result, incorrect answers to register questions will typically be either too casual and slangy or excessively formal, whereas correct answers will be somewhere in the middle.”

p. 56, question 5.3: answers should read as follows:

A) NO CHANGE
    B) unnaturally,
    C) unnaturally and
    D) DELETE the underlined portion.

p. 88, question 5.1: A

p. 119, question 3.2: A

p. 120, question 4.2, answers should read as follows:

A) NO CHANGE (himself, but the first manufacturers who inspected them,)
    B) himself, but the first manufacturers, who inspected them,
    C) himself, but the first manufacturers, who inspected them
    D) himself; however, the first manufacturers who inspected them

p. 121, question 6.2, answers should read as follows (books purchased before 4/29/16):

A) NO CHANGE
    B) painting American Gothic
    C) painting American Gothic,
    D) painting, American Gothic

Pages