Anna University hosts certificate formats on website for engineering aspirants - The Hindu

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 04/11/2014 - 17:50

Anna University has made it easier for aspirants to complete the formalities for submission of application forms.

The university website has created a separate link under Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) and hosted the format of all certificates required for engineering courses. Candidates can download the certificate, obtain the relevant signatures and attach them to application forms.

The university has also listed the eligibility criteria for nativity certificate, first graduate fee exemption and special reservation categories for wards of ex-servicemen and freedom fighters. The medical certificates for orthopaedically disabled, hearing and speech impaired candidates are separately listed. The certificates can be downloaded from: http://online.annauniv. edu/tnea/certificates.php.

V. Rhymend Uthiriaraj, secretary, TNEA, said the aim was to help students to complete the formalities ahead of time. The results of class XII examinations conducted by the State government are expected to be released on May 9. “Students take it easy till the results are out. Our aim is to prevent the last minute rush for certificates,” he said.

Last year, there was a rush for nativity certificates at several thasildar offices after the results were declared. Aspirants made several rounds of government offices and many of them rushed through the formalities on the last date for submitting application forms. University officials said application forms would be issued from the first week of May.