Application process goes online - The Hindu

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 03/04/2015 - 20:05

In yet another step revamping its functioning, the Periyar University has taken initiative to facilitate the affiliated colleges to send the students’ semester examination applications through online itself. The entire application process will be through online which will ensure the speedy, error free processing of the exam applications.

A demonstration session was held for the principals of Periyar University affiliated colleges at the University premises on Wednesday evening.

C. Swaminathan, Vice-Chancellor, Periyar University, presided over the session, when the features and functioning of the online application system was demonstrated and explained.

In his address Dr. Swaminathan said that a help line will be made available to the students in the office of the Controller of Examinations of the University. Special arrangements will be made by the affiliated colleges to prepare the students to face the examinations without stress and fear.

The Vice-Chancellor appealed to the principals of affiliated colleges to take special care in training the students in filling the particulars of answer booklets without any error.

Of late the university has been revamping the functioning of the whole system. Particularly in the core domains of University such as office of Controller of Examinations, PRIDE and University departments significant up gradations have been made.

Introduction of answer booklet with photograph of the candidate, publishing the results in quick time, cluster exam valuation centres, adopting latest technology and methods are some of the changes made in the office of Controller of Examinations for effective and efficient functioning, he said.

S. Leela, Controller of Examinations, J. Senthil Velmurugan, Deputy Controller of Examinations (in-charge) were present.

Thanks to the new system introduced in the valuation of the semester examination paper and the publication of results, there is significant drop in the applications received from students for revaluation of the answer scripts.

The office of the Controller of Examinations of the Periyar University received about 12,000 applications for revaluation of answer scripts during the last academic years. However, this year, the University received only 1,000 applications, the Vice-Chancellor said.