Brandman University School of Extended Education Receives 2014 Leadership 500 Excellence Award

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 06/24/2014 - 15:55

IRVINE, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 24, 2014) - Brandman University's School of Extended Education, has been named a winner of the 2014 Leadership 500 Excellence Awards presented by HR.com. One of five schools in a university with a rich history of supporting adult learners, Extended Education provides a wide variety of education and training focused on career growth and professional development. Brandman was ranked #9 out of more than 150 submissions by public and private universities in the Education Institution category.

The School of Extended Education was recognized for its outstanding corporate leadership development certificate programs that are distinguished by an authentic customization process and workplace application platform. Through comprehensive needs assessments, Brandman develops programs and curriculum to fully support an organization's strategic goals and business objectives, target specific skill sets and achieve desired learning outcomes. The university partners with a wide variety of organizations including Fortune 500 corporations, public sector agencies, non-profit organizations, military installations and small-to medium-sized businesses to design, develop and deliver programs that produce a significant ROI. 

"Brandman University's School of Extended Education's custom leadership development programs positively impact individual capability, team effectiveness and business results," said Kathleen Wilson, director of leadership programs and corporate training. "Our programs combine a strong academic foundation with relevant, practical tools to teach 'best practices' in an interactive and critical thinking environment."

The School of Extended Education received its recognition as one of the top 500 leadership organizations at the 2014 Global Leadership Excellence Forum held in Vail, Colo. Brandman's custom leadership development certificate program will be featured in the July issue of Leadership Excellence Essentials.

"The award winners from the 2014 Leadership 500 Excellence Awards program are the top firms with outstanding leadership programs from over 1,250 nominated companies," says Debbie McGrath, CEO of HR.com. "To be in the top 10% of any category is truly spectacular, and it's a true demonstration of the hard work and effort by these great companies."

Brandman's leadership programs have proven to be an effective tool in a wide variety of organizations and industries to drive needed changes in leadership style and organization structure, culture and productivity. "Our successful outcomes for client organizations are a result of a half a century of experience meeting the educational needs of adult learners," said Dean Nancy Salzman. "The School of Extended Education is dedicated to working closely with our clients to develop fully customized training programs that meet their unique needs. We are honored to be acknowledged for this work."

For more about the School of Extended Education's corporate training programs, please visit www.brandman.edu/extended-education/corporate-training or http://youtu.be/arl7OEB8LFw.

About HR.com and Leadership Excellence: HR.com and Leadership Excellence have joined forces to bring 30 years of dynamic, high quality leadership content customized to any organization every month. HR.com, the largest global social networking and resource site for HR Professionals, is THE ONLY place to earn IHR (Institute for Human Resources), HRCI and WorldatWork credits all at the same time for NO COST. HR.com is committed to providing a deeper understanding of the HR function for more than 250,000 members by offering 12 Interactive Excellence Essentials monthly e-publications, a groundbreaking Personal Development App for personal coaching on the go, guaranteed pass re-certification prep courses, certification and re-certification credits, 22 Expert Certification Programs, 19 Certificate Programs, 3,500+ webcasts, 230+ virtual conferences, blogs, community networks, industry news and advisory boards. www.hr.com

About Brandman University's School of Extended Education: Brandman University's School of Extended Education is a school focused on individual and workforce career development, uniquely situated as part of a university focused on adult learners. Providing leadership, business, technology, health and wellness, education and general education programs, the School of Extended Education is committed to developing courses designed to meet real-world needs. Brandman partners with leading subject-matter experts and professional associations to offer degree programs, workshops, seminars, certificate programs, leadership modules and programming leading to certification and academic credit. Its corporate training division works closely with employers to pinpoint organizational needs and challenges and develop highly customized on-site, online and hybrid training programs for workforces across industries. Drawing on the rich history and prestigious reputation of Chapman University, the School of Extended Education's collaborative approach provides sustainable solutions for today's adult learners. Visit www.brandman.edu/exed/ or call 1.800.632.0094 for more information.