Charting a Course From Success to Significance: Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management ...

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 04/13/2015 - 15:07

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management, in collaboration with the Halftime Institute, today announced open enrollment for the Certificate in Second Half Significance, which begins in April 2015. Based on Bob Buford’s best-selling book about how to find meaning and fulfillment in the second half of life (Halftime, 1994), and leadership insight from the Graziadio School of Business and Management, the program helps high-capacity leaders move from success to significance by living a life with greater joy and impact.

Through a proven process of teaching, exceptional executive coaching, a cohort of peers and the ability to connect with marketplace and non-profit leaders, the Certificate in Second Half Significance offers executives, entrepreneurs and professionals the opportunity to discover a second half filled with purpose and to engage in issues they care deeply about. The program includes one year of executive coaching, monthly cohort calls, a three-day launch workshop and access to Halftime Talent Solutions executive search expertise. The Graziadio School began offering the Certificate in 2014.

“Our Certificate in Second Half Significance is ideal for successful Baby Boomers who have achieved their original career goals and now desire to chart a purposeful and meaningful course for their later years," said Pepperdine University President Andrew K. Benton. "Those who took part in our inaugural program last year reported that it was a very beneficial, and in many ways, transformative experience.”

Upon successful completion of the one-year program, students are awarded a Certificate in Second Half Significance from Pepperdine University’s Graziadio School of Business and Management and the Halftime Institute.

“Pepperdine is an ideal academic partner for the Second Half Significance program, based on George Pepperdine's second half journey that led to the founding of this esteemed university,” said Bob Buford, founder, Halftime Institute. “In our life’s first half, we get a job and put to work the skills that we learned early in life. But in our second half, many of us have a strong desire to gain control of our own life, live out a different agenda, and experience the grace that comes from facing our future with less fear and more purpose. Witnessing the life-changing impact among last year’s certificate participants was gratifying, and we’re grateful that in 2015, we will serve more marketplace leaders who desire a transition from success to significance, just as George himself did.”

Those who take part explore:

Peer collaboration: Students join a small group of marketplace leaders. In stimulating group sessions, professionals work together to discover new and creative ways to have a second half of significance based on their experience and unique gifts.

A “Head” and “Heart” Approach: Drawing on tried-and-true concepts, key influencers, and decades of study and best practices, students listen and learn, reflect and renew, and begin to design a roadmap of personal next steps.

One-on-one executive coaching: During the year-long program, in addition to regular team discussions, students work closely with a certified Halftime Institute coach.

Halftime Talent Solutions: As students identify their skills and interests, Halftime Talent Solutions introduces them to key industry leaders and organizations in the marketplace to help them reach their objectives.

Private Meetings & Special Events: Students are also invited to exclusive special events sponsored by the Graziadio School of Business and Management and the Halftime Institute, featuring leading thinkers and authors such as Jim Collins, Bob Buford, and Ken & Margie Blanchard.

Program Details

The duration of this program is one year. It includes executive coaching, monthly cohort calls and a three-day kickoff workshop.

Workshop
April 29 - May 1, 2015
Villa Graziadio Executive Center
Pepperdine University
24255 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90263

Program Inquiries: http://bschool.pepperdine.edu/executive-education/second-half-significance/

About Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management

A leader in cultivating entrepreneurship and digital innovation, the Graziadio School of Business and Management at Pepperdine University focuses on the real-world application of MBA-level business concepts. The Graziadio School provides student-focused, globally-oriented education through part-time, full-time, and Executive MBA programs at our six California campuses, as well as through online and hybrid formats. In addition, the Graziadio School offers a variety of Master of Science programs, a Bachelor of Science in Management degree completion program, Presidential and Key Executives MBA and executive education certificate programs. Follow the Graziadio School at www.facebook.com/pepperdine.graziadio and https://twitter.com/graziadioschool.