East Tennessee State University Partners With CASE Parking, Streetline to Transform Campus Parking

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 08/12/2014 - 13:50

IRVINE, CA and JOHNSON CITY, TN--(Marketwired - Aug 12, 2014) - CASE Parking, a parking data solutions provider, today announced the completion of its largest deployment to date at East Tennessee State University (ETSU). To deliver cutting-edge technology to the ETSU campus, CASE partnered with Streetline, Inc., a leader in smart parking solutions, in a first-of-its-kind technological collaboration.

CASE Parking collects occupancy data for nine ETSU parking lots, accounting for more than 2,750 parking spaces across the 366-acre campus. This comprehensive collection of real-time data and incomparable integration of technology benefits university parkers, and the clustered system deployment has proven noteworthy by enabling would-be parkers to make informed decisions from multiple parking lot options to determine which will best meet their immediate parking needs.  

"East Tennessee State University is a forward-thinking and environmentally aware institution," says Karen King, vice provost of ETSU. "By providing real-time access to parking data, we hope to do our part in reducing vehicle emissions and increasing our students' quality of life. We couldn't be more pleased with the collaboration and the superior results we've seen so far."

"CASE Parking's collaboration with Streetline and Blackboard represents the first collaboration of its kind," says Sebastian E. Gutierrez, CASE Parking president and CEO. "By feeding our data into Streetline's superior applications and integrating this technology with the renowned Blackboard Mosaic platform, we've provided an instantaneous and easily accessible campus-wide deployment for the ETSU parkers." 

"We are excited to work with these revered organizations that are so respected in their fields," says Mosaic Product Manager, Alex Ackerman Greenberg. "This is a one-of-a-kind collaboration, and we're pleased to have been a part of it as well as having been able to serve the ETSU campus community." 

For this project, Streetline took its award-winning smartphone app, Parker™, and developed an icon to sit within ETSU's campus life and services mobile app, powered by Blackboard Mosaic. The icon launches the Parker app to enable campus parkers to see how many available parking spaces are on campus and provide them with directions to the selected parking spot.

On the backend, Streetline's data management tool, ParkEdge, allows ETSU to upload location and policy data for the campus' parking facilities, which is then fed into the Parker app. If rates or policy changes throughout the year or for special events, ParkEdge allows for easy update and management of variable data. In addition, real-time parking lot occupancy data is captured and fed into Parker via CASE Parking's proprietary Counts in the Cloud™ technology -- launched to market in 2013 to empower parking operators' collection of invaluable car-count data. The result of this technology integration is a one-click solution for students, visitors and would-be parkers to access comprehensive parking data from anywhere.

"Streetline is thrilled to see ETSU leading the way in adopting open, mobile & cloud technologies to make the campus more sustainable, while at the same time providing an enhanced experience for students," added Kurt Buecheler, SVP Business Development and Channel Partners at Streetline.

The mobile application, made possible through the Blackboard platform and Streetline technology, is available for both Android and iOS users through Google Play and the Apple store.

ABOUT STREETLINE, Inc.: Streetline is a leading smart parking company delivering smart data and advanced analytics to solve parking issues for customers worldwide. Streetline's pioneering technology makes the parking experience for consumers easier, while making cities and university campuses more efficient. Through sound level and road surface temperature sensing capabilities, Streetline helps cities and universities to further enhance their 'smart city' or 'smart campus' initiatives. Streetline is a privately-held company headquartered in Foster City, CA with smart parking deployments in Germany, France, the U.K., and across the United States including California, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, and Washington, DC. The company was named one of Fast Company's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Transportation, as well as IBM Global Entrepreneur of the Year. Streetline was named Best Mobile Innovation for 'Smart Cities' for Parker at the 2013 Mobile World Congress, a Gartner 2013 Cool Company and was recognized with the 2013 Frost & Sullivan North American Competitive Strategy Leadership Award. For more information on Streetline visit: www.streetline.com. To follow Streetline on Twitter: @streetlineinc.

ABOUT CASE PARKING: CASE Parking delivers 99.9+ percent accurate, real-time occupancy data via its proprietary Counts in the Cloud™ system, enabling effective parking operations management through its fully-integrated web-based dashboard. Through innovative partnerships with leading app developers, parking operators can ultimately increase sales, reduce labor costs and minimize lost revenue, while also assisting drivers to find parking space availability quickly and easily. CASE's clients and partners -- including Streetline, Texas A&M University, ParkMe, University of Hawaii and the City of Newport Beach -- rely on CASE Parking's technology to improve the overall efficiency of their operations. For more information, visit www.caseparking.com.