An end and two beginnings

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 09/28/2012 - 07:13

September is almost over, and I'm so sorry this is my last blog.
I really enjoyed writing here, this blog forced me to pay attention to my written English and I think it has been very useful to me for getting into writing stories in English.
I don't know who the next BBCLE blogger is, but I send him my best wishes for the task.

During this month I tried to write in different ways, about future and past, writing tales or personal memories, trying different ways of writing in English. Some of you appreciated that I didn't talk too much about my country, someone other wrote that they would have loved reading more about Italy too, or Italian cousine.

Well, taking into account all these comments, here is my last blog

Ideas for a book in english

I love technology, and I love reading, so I got very excited last christmas when my wife bought me a Kindle as a present.

They call it a revolution, but reading a novel on an ebook reader is indeed not so different from reading a paper book. You have a search function, that is very useful to find a sentence or a word that you want to find, you can share your favorite highlights, but on the other hand, for example, you cannot use it on the plane while taking off or landing, and once a month the reader could run out of battery

Anyway, I don't think that any of these differences really matter.

Where I see a really big difference is about publishing books. It's now far easier to publish a book and reach a potential reader, you can save a lot of costs in printing, delivering and so on.

And another important thing is that the day after you published something, everyone in the world could easily get it and read it.

That's amazing. You don't even need an editor , you can even publish your book by your own.

So, as a final, difficult exercise to improve my writing skills in English, this is my idea, and the second beginning of this blog.

I recently bought some ebooks regarding learning English, something like "100 phrasal verbs you should know for your business English" and other stuff like that.

Their price was very low, about one dollar, so I bought them without further thinking.
For sure I can't write a book on English verbs, but I wondered which other topic could be popular on an ebook store. I looked for a topic on which I could say something interesting.

I finally came up with these two titles:

1) 100 tips you should know if you are going to Italy

2) 100 meals you should try while travelling in Italy, and why

Both of them give me the possibility of writing short stories while presenting the different topics.

The structure could be very easy for each of them, similar to the book I already wrote on the eighties, few years ago, and I think that a lot of people that are planning to come to Italy could enjoy reading something like that. Obviously I need to have a professional translator as a partner, to correct my mistakes and to write it in a proper way.

Which one do you like the most?

I'm going to take into account your preferences while deciding which one I should try.

Another thing, I think I'm going to miss you and your comments. It would be good to keep in touch, and maybe is someone happen to come to Milan, or I visit some other country, we can even met, a day, to have a drink talking in a shiny English!
So, this is the end,
Thank you Carrie and thank you all.
Bye,
Omar Degoli