Immigration Attorney Suzanne K. Sukkar Joins Dickinson Wright's Ann Arbor Office

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 08/01/2014 - 04:42

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (PRWEB) August 01, 2014

Dickinson Wright PLLC is pleased to announce that Immigration Attorney Suzanne K. Sukkar has joined the firm’s Ann Arbor office as Of Counsel.

Ms. Sukkar has years of experience in all areas of immigration law, including obtaining non-immigrant employment-based visas, immigrant employment-based visas, outbound (global) immigration, family-based immigration, and naturalization. She has also developed a niche expertise in the area of E-1/E-2 (treaty trader/investor) visa applications, intracompany transfers, consular processing, and start-up ventures. She works with clients in a wide array of industries including automotive, healthcare, education, financial services, hospitality/food, IT/technology, engineering, religious, and not-for-profit. Ms. Sukkar represents clients before government agencies including the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of State, and Department of Labor.

Ms. Sukkar is an active member of the community and is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Washtenaw County Bar Association, Women’s Exchange and the National Association of Professional Women. She is a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation and serves as the Board Treasurer of the American Arab Chamber of Commerce and Vice President of the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan.

Ms. Sukkar is a recognized leader in the field by Michigan Super Lawyers and received the 2011 National Woman of the Year Award from the National Association of Professional Women. She is a frequent lecturer and speaker on immigration issues to the legal and business communities throughout Michigan. Ms. Sukkar received her B.A. from the University of Michigan and her J.D. from Wayne State University Law School.

About Dickinson Wright PLLC

Dickinson Wright PLLC is a full-service law firm with more than 40 practice areas. Founded in 1878, Dickinson Wright PLLC has over 350 lawyers in offices located in Detroit, Troy, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, Lansing, and Saginaw, Mich.; Columbus, Ohio; Las Vegas, Nev.; Nashville, Tenn.; Phoenix, Ariz.; and Washington, D.C. Dickinson Wright LLP has over 35 lawyers in Toronto, Canada.