Mangalore University’s web portal to become operational soon

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sun, 01/04/2015 - 05:34

The first web portal of Mangalore University will become operational within a fortnight, according to its Registrar (administration), P.S. Yadapadithaya.

Addressing a gathering at a function at the University College here to inaugurate the correspondence courses of the university for 2014-15 he said that the process of converting the website of the university as a web portal to make it interactive and user-friendly was on.

Currently the university’s website, accredited with the A-grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, was static. Once it became a portal, the university would be able to conduct online examinations, make online admissions, and seek applications for courses online. Various services of the university could be availed online, he said.

The director of the Directorate of Correspondence courses at the university, P.A. Rego said that the university would introduce 12 new courses, including certificate, post-graduate and post-graduate diploma, under the correspondence mode from the academic year 2015-16.

M.V. Krishnaswamy, former Joint Director, University Grants Commission and Bureau Head, National Eligibility Test, inaugurated the courses.

While addressing the gathering he asked the university to introduce internet-based correspondence courses as it was the need of the hour.