Nigerian Defence Academy Admission into Part-Time Postgraduate Diploma and Masters Programmes

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 16:05

Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA)Courses: Several fields
Level: Graduate (Masters-PGD) Degree
Provider: Nigerian Defence Academy
Country to Study in: Nigeria

Description: Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into part-time postgraduate programmes of the Postgraduate School, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna for the 2014/2015 Academic Session.

The sale of Online Application Forms shall be open from 17th February 2014 – 16th May 2014.

Upon purchase of Access or PIN Codes, prospective candidates should follow the link on the NDA official website (link to it is below) or log on to the application portal (link to it is below) and complete the online application farm.

Eligibility:
The requirements for the various programmes are as follows:

1. Master’s Degrees: Candidates applying for the part time Masters Programmes must possess a Bachelor degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division). Candidates with Third Class degree or Higher National Diploma must also possess a Postgraduate Diploma in a related discipline from any recognised university to be eligible for admission. HND candidates must possess a minimum of Lower Credit to apply.
  2. PGD Programmes: Candidates applying for the Postgraduate Diploma programme must possess a Bachelor degree from the Nigerian Defence Academy or any other recognised university, or a Higher National Diploma.

Eligible groups: Citizens of Nigeria ONLY

Participating Institution: Postgraduate School, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna; Nigeria

Fields of Study: 
(A) DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The following part-time masters programmes are available in the faculties and departments listed:

Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences:
a). Department of Economics

• Masters in Business Administration (MBA)

b). Departments of History & International Studies

• Masters in Development Studies (MDS)

c). Department of Political Science and Defence Studies

• Masters in International Affairs and Strategic Studies (MIASS)
  • Masters in Strategy and Security Administration (MASSA)
  • Masters in Public Administration (MPA)
  • Masters in Conflict, Security and Development (MCSD)

(B) POSTGRADUTE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
The following part-time PGD programmes are available in the faculties and departments listed below:

Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences:
a). Department of Accounting

• Postgraduate Diploma in Accounts & Finance (PGDAF)

b). Department of Economics

c). Department of Geography

• Postgraduate Diploma in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System (PGD RS/GIS)
  • Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Management (PGDEM)

d). Department of Political Science and Defence Studies

• Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA)

Faculty of Science:
a). Department of Biological Sciences

• Postgraduate Diploma in Biotechnology (PGDBT)

b). Department of Chemistry

• Postgraduate Diploma in Forensic Chemistry (PGDFC)

c). Department of Computer Science

• Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science (PGDCS)

d). Department of Mathematics

• Postgraduate Diploma Operations Research in Security (PGDORS)

e). Department of Physics

• Postgraduate Diploma in Applied and Industrial Physics (PGDAIP)

Number of spaces
The number of spaces on these courses have not been made known by the NDA

Course Duration: Each admitted student for part-time masters degree programme must pursue weekend mode of study and research on Fridays and Saturdays for the period of the study.

The following conditions are also applicable:

• A student of Master degree shall pursue the programme for one (1) year (2 semesters) except MBA programme which runs for 2 years.
  • A student of Postgraduate Diploma shall pursue the programme for one (1) year (2 semesters) except PGDFC which runs for 2 years (4 semesters).

Course benefits: Knowledge, skills and values necessary to meet the requirements of a military officer through a broad-based training in military, academic and character development are acquired while at the NDA.

Accommodation:
Limited number of rooms are available in the NDA Postgraduate School Hostel on first come first served basis.

Method of Application: Candidates are required to purchase Access or PIN Codes available at all Zenith bank Branches and Cash Offices nationwide at the cost of N7,500.00 only, excluding bank charges of N500.00, for online application.

Submission Of Application:
Upon purchase of Access or PIN Codes, prospective candidates should log on to the official NDA application portal (link to it is below) and complete the “Online Application Form”. Kindly note that your application is not complete until all copies of your Credentials, Acknowledgement Form, Referee Form, Application for Transcripts Form and Medical Report Form have been submitted along with your application.

Candidates can either UPLOAD the aforementioned items when they sign in, or send them by MAIL to:
The Secretary
Postgraduate School,
Nigerian Defence Academy
P.M.B 2109, Kaduna

not later than the deadline date indicated below.

DEADLINES: All applications must be submitted on or before the 16th May, 2014

PLEASE NOTE: The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) was established on 5 February 1964 in response to the defence needs of independent Nigeria to train officers for the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Before then, the institution was known as the Royal Military Forces Training College (RMFTC). After independence in 1960, it became known as the Nigerian Military Training College.

The role of the Academy is to provide each officer cadet with knowledge, skills and values necessary to meet the requirements of a military officer through military, academic and character development.

In essence, the NDA is an institution where selected young able-bodied men and women are groomed into well educated, courageous, virile and erudite subalterns.

Contact
Nigerian Defence Academy,
Kaduna, Kaduna State.
Email: info@nda.edu.ng

Application Deadline: 16 May 2014
Open to International Students: No (ONLY Nigerians)