OB 589

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 09/08/2014 - 02:00

The CBSA Feedback Form for Security Screening Assessments – Phase One

Summary

Effective September 8, 2014, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will launch a new feedback form to measure the consistency, quality and timeliness of security screening assessments provided to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

The completion of a feedback form is mandatory for temporary and permanent resident security screening assessments in which:

• the CBSA provided a non-favourable security screening assessment, or
  • the CBSA provided a favourable security screening assessment that included partner information.

The feedback form will be implemented in two phases. The Phase one (I) pilot will take place over a two-month period and will include the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa (CPC-O), the Paris, New Delhi and Mexico City missions only. This phase will serve to identify and eliminate any technical and content-related issues prior to full implementation. Following the completed analysis of Phase I, Phase two (II) is expected to be implemented in winter 2015. This will include all missions and inland offices. A separate operational bulletin regarding Phase II will be issued prior to implementation.

Background

The implementation of the feedback form is in response to an audit conducted in 2011 by the Office of the Auditor General (OAG). The OAG recommended that a quality assurance process be put in place to assess the consistency, quality, and timeliness of security screening assessments provided by the CBSA to CIC, to support decision-making. The form’s responses will assist the CBSA and its partner in improving their performance management and products.

The CBSA feedback form procedures

Who should complete the form

The form is to be completed by the immigration / visa officer who reviewed the CBSA assessment and rendered the final decision on the temporary resident or permanent resident visa application. For Phase I, the form will be completed by the CPC-O, Paris, New Delhi, and Mexico City offices only.

How to complete the form

The Feedback form instructions and guide are available in the first two worksheets of the Excel workbook.

Complete the form each time the following types of assessments are reviewed and the corresponding final decisions are rendered:

• non-favourable security screening assessment, or
  • favourable security screening assessment that includes partner information.

Compliance with the security classification

The blank feedback forms and Excel workbook are classified Protected B; however, once completed, they are classified Secret.

How to submit the form to the CBSA

By the 5th day of each month, submit the previous month’s completed forms via C5 email.

Feedback on favourable assessments that do not contain partner information

Should the immigration/visa officer wish to provide feedback on favourable assessments that do not contain partners’ information; they can email the appropriate CBSA security screening unit directly: