Ross University School of Medicine Launches New Scholarship Programs

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 08/13/2014 - 11:00

MIRAMAR, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM) today announced 12 new merit-based scholarship programs created to help qualified students fund their medical education.

The scholarships recognize academic achievement, community service, and commitment to becoming a physician, and include both one-time awards and scholarships that are renewable for the duration of the student’s enrollment at RUSM. The Alumni Legacy Scholarship, for example, funds the full cost of first-semester tuition for selected students who have a work or volunteer history with one of RUSM’s more than 11,000 alumni. Other awards recognize qualified students from under-represented minorities and students pursuing medical degrees after working in other healthcare professions.

“The looming shortage of physicians in the U.S. is an urgent problem. At RUSM, we are proud to play an important role in alleviating it. With these merit scholarships, we hope to provide qualified students with the financial boost they need to pursue their dreams and be part of the solution,” said Joseph Flaherty, M.D., RUSM dean and chancellor. “These awards are designed to identify students who are socially engaged and committed to carrying on the RUSM mission.”

Full scholarship information, criteria, and application forms are available online at http://www.rossu.edu/scholarships.

About Ross University School of Medicine

Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM), founded in 1978, is committed to educating a diverse group of skilled physicians to serve as leaders in the U.S. healthcare system. With more than 11,000 alumni, RUSM has become an important part of healthcare education in the United States. Students complete their foundational studies in Dominica, West Indies, before completing their clinical training in one of RUSM’s affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the US. RUSM is accredited by the Dominican Medical Board and the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and Other Health Professions. RUSM is part of DeVry Education Group (DV).

© 2014 Global Education International. All rights reserved.