SINGA PhD Awards for International Students in Singapore 2014

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 02/20/2014 - 12:03

National University of SingaporeThrough the collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Nanyang Technological University, and the National University of Singapore, international students are invited to apply for the Singapore nternational Graduate Award (SINGA). The SINGA is available for students who wish to enroll in PhD training Program that will be carried out in English. The successful candidates will be choosing one of the labs at A*STAR Research Institute, NTU, or NUS.

Scholarship Provider: by the A*STAR, NTU, and NUS

Destination Study: The successful candidates will be joining a PhD Training Program in Singapore

Country of Applicants: International Students

Degree: Pursuing PhD Training Program

Eligibility: To be successful, the candidates must pay attention to the following:

• SINGA PhD Awards are available for international students
  • The awards are for Graduates with excellent academic records and passion in conducting research
  • The candidates must have good skills in English both Written and Spoken
  • The candidates must hold good reports from academic referees

Scholarship Value: The successful candidates will be awarded the following:

• Annual stipend around SGD 24,000 that will increase to SGD 30,000 after the completion of Qualifying Exam
  • Full tuition fees support for 4-year PhD
  • Setting-in allowance around SGD 1,000
  • Airfare grant around SGD 1,500

Application Deadline: June 1, 2014 for January 2015 intake

How to Apply: To apply for the awards, the applicants will need to complete the online application and submit it to the SINGA website. The applicants then should send the copies of supporting documents through post including:

• Copy of ID Card or Passport
  • Certified copies of university transcripts, degree scrolls
  • Two references from academic referees
  • Two passport-sized photographs
  • Certified copies of TOEFL/IELTS, SAT I & II/GRE/GATE results
  • Certified copies of awards
  • List of publications
  • List of patents filed

Further Information Related to the SINGA PhD Awards can be accessed on the Official webpage here: https://www.singa.a-star.edu.sg/theaward.php