StubHub Announces Partnership with University Oregon Athletics and Becomes Official Secondary Ticket Marketplace for ...

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 08/14/2014 - 15:48

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

StubHub, the world’s largest ticket marketplace, announced its partnership with University of Oregon Athletics to be the program’s official fan-to-fan secondary ticket marketplace. The partnership is facilitated through StubHub’s existing relationship with Paciolan, the leading provider of ticketing, marketing, fundraising and sales automation solutions in college athletics and IMG, the university’s multi-media rights partner.

"We are excited to partner with StubHub for secondary ticketing,” said Craig Pintens, Senior Associate Athletic Director at University of Oregon. “The experience of our fans is paramount at the University of Oregon and partnering with StubHub will provide our fans unprecedented ability to sell games they are unable to attend. We thank Paciolan and IMG for their hard work in making this investment in our fans."

With the partnership, StubHub will be the official secondary ticket marketplace for the Ducks, providing a safe, guaranteed platform for fans to buy and sell tickets, backed by StubHub’s 100% money-back FanProtect Guarantee, in which each ticket transaction will be between fans on StubHub.com. This new partnership extends StubHub’s collegiate partnership roster to 33.

“StubHub is rooted in providing the best possible experience for fans, so we’re proud to be working with University of Oregon Athletics which has one of the most passionate collegiate fan bases in the nation,” said Greg Ivry, Business Development Director at StubHub. “From our new All-In Pricing model and Fan Rewards program to the safety and security of our fan-to-fan marketplace, we firmly believe in StubHub’s world class end-to-end experience, and we’re thrilled to introduce our offerings as we build a relationship with the University of Oregon community.”

Along with ticketing software leader Paciolan, the partnership enables barcode integration for University of Oregon Athletics ticket holders, so that they may seamlessly resell their tickets on StubHub. The ground-breaking technology also provides tickets that can be digitally delivered straight to the buyer to be printed at home. In addition, fans have access to streamlined listings to sell unused tickets.

“We are incredibly excited to extend our partnership with StubHub and the University of Oregon to provide Duck fans the ability to buy and sell fantastic seats at Oregon athletics games,” said David Butler, CEO of Paciolan. “The excitement around Oregon athletics combined with the StubHub and Paciolan partnership makes for a powerful combination for Duck fans.”

StubHub marketing assets will be highly visible across football and basketball properties for the University, including field level and courtside signage, in game promotions, radio elements and online placements on the Ducks’ official website and throughout social media.

About StubHub

StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans the choice to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub provides fans with honest, all-in pricing, where the price you see is the price you pay at checkout. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation through numerous industry firsts, including the introduction of the industry’s first ticketing application, first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment Fan Rewards program. The market leader, StubHub is partners with major organizations and brands, including more than 60 teams in MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus ESPN, NBC Digital, AEG and Paciolan. Throughout North America and Europe, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience that is the way ticket buying should be. StubHub is an eBay company (EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com, Twitter.com/StubHub, Facebook.com/StubHub, or YouTube.com/StubHub.

About Paciolan

Founded in 1980, Paciolan is the leader in venue enablement, powering ticketing, fundraising and marketing technology solutions for leading organizations across North America. Collectively, Paciolan powers over 500 live entertainment organizations that sell over 120 million tickets annually. Primary markets include college athletics, professional sports, performing arts and arenas. Paciolan is a wholly owned subsidiary of Comcast-Spectacor. Visit www.paciolan.com for additional company information.

About IMG College

IMG College is the nation’s leading collegiate multimedia, marketing and licensing/brand management company representing more than 200 of the nation’s top collegiate properties including the NCAA and its 89 championships, NCAA Football, leading conferences, and many of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country. Headquartered in Winston Salem, N.C., IMG College is the leader in capturing consumer devotion to college sports through partnership opportunities in multimedia rights, licensing, events and hospitality, marketing, stadium and arena development, stadium seating solutions, ticketing, sales, and consulting. IMG College produces nearly 30,000 hours of radio programming on the largest sports network in the country, manages nearly 5,000 hours of local television programming, is the leading publisher of college sports publications, and is the largest manager of university athletic websites. IMG College is a division of IMG Worldwide, a global sports, fashion and media business. For more information, please visit www.imgworld.com.