The University of Miami Names New Vice President of Enrollment Management

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 08/14/2014 - 16:29

CORAL GABLES, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

The University of Miami has appointed John Haller as the new Vice President of Enrollment Management. He will join the University beginning September 8.

A professional with more than 18 years of experience in the field, Haller has held several enrollment leadership positions across various areas including admissions, marketing and retention. He currently serves as the Associate Provost of Enrollment Management at Saint Joseph’s University in Pennsylvania. Prior to working at Saint Joseph’s, he served as Assistant Dean of Enrollment at Drexel University and as Associate Director of Admissions and Marketing at Vanderbilt University’s Owen Graduate School of Management.

“I am excited for the opportunity to join the University of Miami community,” said Haller. “The University has great momentum and I look forward to partnering with the outstanding faculty and staff to attract and retain talented students from across the U.S. and around the world.”

Under Haller’s tenure as Associate Provost of Enrollment Management, Saint Joseph’s University had notable successes, with first year enrollment increasing 24 percent, and freshmen-to-sophomore retention increasing from approximately 86 to over 89 percent – an institutional high. Haller led the offices of Undergraduate Enrollment and Operations, Student Records and Financial Services, Student Success and First Year Experience, and Systems and Analytics.

“John brings a wealth of experience in enrollment management and marketing to the task of undergraduate admissions,” said UM Executive Vice President and Provost Thomas LeBlanc. “His strong analytic and management skills will help us enroll the most academically gifted students, increase the number of students who stay at UM through graduation, and improve our ability to meet the financial need of our students.”

Haller received a Bachelor of Science with honors from the University of Michigan and holds Master’s degrees in Business and Higher Education, as well as a certificate from the Institute for Education Management at Harvard University.

“The University of Miami is committed to providing students with a world-class education. I look forward to working with UM leadership to make a top-tier education more accessible to students from all backgrounds,” Haller said.

Haller also served as an adjunct professor in Drexel University’s Higher Education Master’s program. He is a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and is also involved in the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO).

www.miami.edu/news

MULTIMEDIA AVAILABLE:http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50925247&lang=en