Wells Mountain Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries 2014

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 02/11/2014 - 15:05

Wells Mountain FoundationDescription: Wells Mountain Foundation offers the Empowerment through Education Scholarship Program for secondary school leavers to study for Bachelors Degree in Developing Countries for 2014/2015 academic year

Accepted Subject Areas: All fields are eligible although WMF intend to favor helping professions such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as, professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture and business.

About Scholarship: Wells Mountain Foundation offers undergraduate scholarship to students from developing countries to study in their home country or any other developing country. The foundation’s hope is that by providing the opportunity to further one’s education, the scholarship participants will not only be able to improve their own future, but also that of their own communities. The foundation believes in the power and importance of community service and, as a result, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of one month a year.

Applicants are only allowed to select a university in a developing country. Applications to study in UK, USA, Europe and Australia will not be accepted

Scholarship Offered Since: 2005

Scholarship Type: Undergraduate Scholarship

Who is Qualified to Apply: To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicant must be a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:

• successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
  • will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
  • plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
  • has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
  • may have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
  • submits a complete, legible 2012 application in English (please proof-read). Because we receive so many applications, incomplete applications will not be considered.

How Many Scholarship Positions are Available: Several

What are the Benefits: The scholarships range from $300.US to a rare high of $3000.US:
- tuition and fees
- books and materials
- room rent and meals

How long will Sponsorship Last: Scholarship will be offered for the duration of the degree programme subject to satisfactory academic performance.

Eligible Countries; Developing Countries including Africa

Application Deadline: April 1, 2014.

Offered Annually: Yes

Scholarship Webpagehttp://www.wellsmountainfoundation.org/scholarships

Requirements: Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation written by someone who knows you, but is not a family member, who can tell why you deserve to receive a WMF scholarship. What qualities do you possess that will make you an excellent student, a successful graduate and a responsible citizen who will give back to his or her country? These letters of recommendation may come from a teacher, a religious leader, volunteer supervisor, or an employer.

Scholarship Webpage: http://www.wellsmountainfoundation.org/?page_id=699

Sponsors: Wells Mountain Foundation

Important Notes:

• WMF do not require the applicant to pay an admission or processing fee or to buy a number to have the application reviewed.
  • You must maintain good grades, submit a semester report and your grades each semester to WMF to maintain your sponsorship.
  • A photo is required, which can also be scanned and emailed.
  • You can apply before you receive your official acceptance letter, but you will not be awarded a scholarship until you are accepted. When you receive your acceptance letter, send a copy to the foundation to attach it to your application. In the subject line of the email when you send this or any additions to your application, type “application addition”.
  • WMF scholarship application require an official transcript from secondary school and from any tertiary school classes you have already completed.
  • The scholarship awards are determined by the Board of Directors of the Wells Mountain Foundation and awarded once a year.
  • Applicants will be notified if they have been selected as a WMF Scholarship Student by August 1st, 2014.