Westminster International Scholarships for Postgraduate Africans and other Developing Country Students

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 02/13/2014 - 10:06

University of WestminsterCourses: Any Course of Study
Level: Graduate (Masters) Degree
Provider: University of Westminster
Country to Study in: UK

Description: The University of Westminster offers a wide range of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Professional and Short courses as well as world leading research.

The Westminster International Scholarships are fully funded generous awards aimed at students from developing countries who wish to study a full-time Masters Degree at the University.

Eligibility: You must be an international student from a developing country and hold an offer for a full-time Masters Degree at University of Westminster.

Scholarship Criteria: The main criteria are academic excellence, development potential, and financial need.

Particular preference will be given to you if you can demonstrate how the knowledge you acquire from your studies will aid the development of your own country.

Eligible groups: Nationals / citizens of an African country or any developing country

Participating Institutions: University of Westminster, London, United Kingdom

Fields of study: Any field or course of study available at the University.

Number of awards: Not specified by provider

Scholarship benefits: The scholarship award value includes:

• Full tuition fee award / waivers,
  • accommodation,
  • living expenses and
  • flights to and from London.

Method of Application: You should note carefully that you may only apply to the ‘Westminster International Scholarships’ if you have applied for admission and have successfully been offered a place (conditional or unconditional) on the course you wish to study.

Please do not apply if you have not been admitted to a programme offered at the University of Westminster. You must have been offered a place (conditional or unconditional) on a course at the University before you can apply for this scholarship.

For detailed and current information on applications, please visit How to Apply for a University of Westminster Scholarship.

Despite the ‘How to Apply for a University of Westminster Scholarship’ link above, it is equally very important to read the “2014 Scholarships brochure”(pdf) and also to visit the official website (link to it is below) for detailed information on this scholarship, on how to apply and download necessary forms.

DEADLINES: There are two deadlines each year.

The deadline to submit applications is 25th of April 2014 (for September 2014 intake) AND the 17th of October 2014 (for January 2015 intake).

PLEASE NOTE: Please note a decision will not be made on September 2014 scholarships until the application deadline has passed, which is 25 April 2014.

The University of Westminster is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom. Its antecedent institution, the Royal Polytechnic, was founded in 1838 and was the first polytechnic to open in the UK.

Contact
Scholarships Office:
Second Floor, 101 New Cavendish Street
London W1W 6XH
T: +44 (0)20 7911 5000 ext 66257, 66258 or 66259
F: +44 (0)20 7915 5483
E: scholarships@westminster.ac.uk
Or see the university’s contact page

Application Deadline: 25 April / 17 October 2014
Open to International Students: Yes