CET4 sample essay - CET4 exam essay writing on Jan 2000 : How I Finance My College Education

Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a composition on the topic How I Finance My College Education. You should write at least 100 words, and base your composition on the outline (given in Chinese) below:

1. How to finance tuition and fees
2. Which way is my favor

Sample essay:

Several years ago new tuition fee policy was put into practice and college students were asked to pay a certain sum of money. And now, all the students, no matter what subjects they are engaged in, must pay for tuition.

There are many ways for a student to finance his college education. Most students ask their parents to pay the tuition fee and pay for their books, accommodation and other cost. A student can also apply for the scholarship. Most universities set up scholarship to offer money to the poor students who do well in entrance exams and reward those who do well in entrance exams and reward those who work well at university. A student can also apply for the low-interest loans. In addition to the above, taking part-time jobs is also a common way for a college student to get money to pay part of his tuition and fees.

So far as I’m concerned, I’d prefer earning the scholarship. This means I must study hard and be a top student, which has always been my goal. After all, the task of a student is to study. And in addition to solving my financial problems, getting the scholarship can also prove my ability and is good for my future.