A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college

Education plays an important role in the development of a society. An educated human being can lead the nation to development. without education a nation is nothing. So there should be a provision that education should be common to everyone, atleast the basic education, the next level of education could be decided by the student itself. The aforemetioned statement claims that a nation should provide common national curriculum to students until they enter college. I agree to this effort but along with that i have few amendments in this proposed claim.

A nation should require all its students...

Sentence: He would not think that their was something that restrained him from attaining a better life.
Description: The tag a determiner, possessive is not usually followed by was
Suggestion: Refer to their and was

Sentence: So there should be a provision that education should be common to everyone, atleast the basic education, the next level of education could be decided by the student itself.
Error: atleast Suggestion: at least

Sentence: These students will get equal opportunity to strive in the field of compitition among other students.
Error: compitition Suggestion: competition

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre