Some questions for VIP users

Submitted by Ellie39 on Tue, 05/17/2016 - 13:15

Hello,
I want to become a VIP user for one of the IELTS programes(IELTS essays -task I & task II and IELTS speaking) but I have a few questions. First, is there a limited number of essays and speakings that I can send for one day or 3 months? Second, how time it takes for an essay or speaking to be checked, graded and sent back? Third, what I can receive actually, my band score, my band score and grader's comment or my band score, highlighted mistakes and grader's comment. I'm looking forward for your reply.

For question 1:
There is no limit to send essays or speaking daily except in extremely busy days. However still you can send three essays or 12 speakings in those days. There is no limit to total essays/speakings you can send.

For question 2:
In 12-24 hours if it is not in public holidays.

For question 3:
You can receive grammar errors, band score and grader's comments.

Take a look at these essays as examples:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-writing-task-ii-essays/countries-are-becom…
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-argument-task-essays/following-appeared-…

Cheers,
testbig tech support

Hello,
I want to become a VIP user for TOEFL "independent & integrated essays and TOEFL speaking". Your feedback on "http://www.testbig.com/ielts-writing-task-ii-essays/countries-are-becomi..." is not complete.

Please let me know that can I receive your rater judge about following criteria?
* ) how well I develop my ideas,
* ) how well I organize my essay,
* ) and how well I use language to express my ideas.

or as your sample shows, I only receive your feedback about grammar errors and band score?

Regards,

About first two questions:

* ) how well I develop my ideas,
* ) how well I organize my essay,

For TOEFL essays, we used a 'pattern' to check out whether you developed or organized essays well:

Para 1: introduction. my choice: A or B. agree or disagree. (suppose we support side A)

Para 2: First, reason 1 (1 sentence) + why reason 1(some arguments. 2-3 sentences) + examples for reason 1 (around 1 sentences) + small conclusions (like advantages of reason 1 or comparisons if not reason 1, 1-2 sentences).

Para 3: Second, reason 2, blabla... do the same thing as First

Para 4: Admittedly, there are some advantages of side B. first,....second...However, there is no causation/relation... Still I support side A, ...first,....second...

Para 5: Conclusion.
---------------------
If TOEFL essays don't follow this pattern, mostly likely there will be some flaws. And then we will point them out.

Most users can develop ideas correctly for TOEFL, IELTS essays, but not for GRE/GMAT, SAT essays. We will let them know once the essay is out of topic, or only one of the arguments is not developed properly, like in this sample:
www.testbig.com/gmatgre-argument-task-essays/following-appeared-memo-vi…

for another question:

the e-grader has compared the essay to the average performance of 20,000 essays , the advanced module of e-grader will compare the performance with top users' by the following attributes:
No. of Grammatical Errors:
No. of Spelling Errors:
No. of Sentences:
No. of Words:
No. of Characters:
No. of Different Words:
Fourth Root of Number of Words:
Average Word Length:
Word Length SD:
No. of Words greater than 5 chars:
No. of Words greater than 6 chars:
No. of Words greater than 7 chars:
No. of Words greater than 8 chars:
Use of Passive Voice (%):
Avg. Sentence Length:
Sentence Length SD:
Use of Discourse Markers (%):
Sentence-Text Coherence:
Sentence-Para Coherence:
Sentence-Sentence Coherence:

after that we can understand how well you expressed ideas.