TPO 10 - Question 4

Speaking topics in text

TPO 10 - Question 4

Speaking category

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

In the lecture, the professor talks about entertainment merchandising which is a form of marketing in which the brand or image from one product is also used to sell another. In the first example, the professor talks about a character called the Action Hero, when he was a kid, the TV show was very popular, so when he and his friends saw little Action Hero figures in the stores, they all had to buy them. And he talks about his daughter in the second example, her favorite toy is a doll called Rosa, she and her friends play with the doll all the time. Not long ago, the kids discovered that there will be a new TV program which is about Rosa. She and her friends were very excited and all began watching the show.

1. OK, so I've actually got a few different examples of this.
2. You know when I was kid, a character named Action Hero was really popular with my friends and me.
3. We would always watch the Action Hero program on television every week, and played games, pretending that we were strong and powerful as he was.
4. Then pretty soon we began seeing this small Action Hero figures in all the stores.
5. And well we all just had to have them.
6. I mean we'd been watching the television show for so long that it seemed only natural to want to own the toys too.
7. Well I finally grew up and left the Action Hero television program and toys behind.
8. But now I have a seven-year-old daughter who watches television a lot and also likes to play with her toys.
9. And lately her favorite toy is a cute little baby doll with a big round face and lots of curly hair named Rosa.
10. All my daughters' friends have Rosa dolls too.
11. And they enjoy going to each other's houses to play with them.
12. Then a few weeks ago, my daughter came running up to me all excited because she had just heard there was going to be a new television program on every week with the doll Rosa as the main character.
13. So naturally she and all her friends have begun watching the show.
14. And it's already very popular, as popular as the toy doll.