Nature versus nurture

Nature versus nurture

In our days there are many disputes, if anyone of us can become a good sportsman or musician through hard trainings or one needs innate talent to thrive.

In my opinion we should distinguish two meanings - "talent" and "good professional". It is easier to understand on examples, so let us take football for example for I am fond of it. For instance there are such legendary players as David Beckham, Zinedine Zidan, Diego Maradona or Pele. One can work over all his lifetime, spend his day and time on trainings, but never become such a wonderful footballer as aforementioned ones. You need talent from God to perform standards as Beckham or feints as Zidan, otherwise you will surely fail.

On the ohter hand we know such players as Xavi, Ronaldo, Lampard, Gerard, Rooney and etcetera, who are trule great players. They have millions of fans all around the world and their game is as fascinating as perfect theatre play. But we ought to face the true - they are not legends, they are not "heaven players" as Zidan and Maradona. However, they achieved their degree through striving work and endless training.

By the way it is important to mention that it is useless to have inherited talant and not have constant trainings, because in this case you will not be neither legend player (musician) nor ahieve considerable results as just a good sportsman or music player. "Work turned monkey into human and work will turn human into legend said great soccer manager of the present Guus Hiddink, who is also born with talent, I think.

In conclusion, we ought to praise the talent of great performers and respect good prosfessionals, meanwhile continuing working hard in order to achieve our aims, because strives bring yield early or late.