Financial Times Rankings Continue to Climb for UC Irvine’s Business School

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 01/26/2015 - 19:34

IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business Full-Time MBA program has climbed two spots among public school in the U.S. to rank seventh in the 2015 Financial Times Top Full-Time Global MBA Programs rankings report released today. The Merage School ranked 21st in the U.S. overall, up from 25th in 2014, and tied for 43rd in the world, up from 48th in 2014.

“We are definitely on the right trajectory,” said Merage School Dean Eric Spangenberg. “We are extremely focused on expanding our global reach, redefining business education, and delivering high return on investment, and we are diligent in our efforts to improve student career outcomes. Our progress toward these goals is clearly reflected in our continued ascendance in the rankings.”

The Merage School was tied at 29th in the world and 25th in the U.S for faculty research. The School moved up significantly in areas related to salary, ranking 17th in world placement success, and tied for 19th in the world and tied for 7th in the U.S. for salary percentage increases.

“Through our professional development planning process, our students are making informed decisions about the jobs they take upon graduation to put themselves on the right career path,” said Tom Kozicki, executive director of the Merage School’s MBA Career Center. “The 2015 results reinforce the importance of our approach for long term career success.”

About the Methodology

Financial Times reports that this year, a record 159 business schools participated in the ranking process, up from 153 in 2014. There are three major components of the ranking: an alumni survey, a school survey and a compilation of faculty publications. The alumni survey (counts as 59% of the ranking) was sent to each school’s full-time MBA class of 2011 and measured international mobility, salary and career progress since graduating from the program. The school survey (counts as 31% of the ranking) was completed by participating schools. It covers gender and international diversity (faculty, students, board members), measures of international experience of students in the MBA program, doctoral qualifications of faculty and doctoral student placement, and employment of the most recent graduating MBA class. Faculty research (counts as 10 percent of the ranking) is calculated according to the number of articles published by a school’s current full-time faculty members in 45 academic and practitioner journals between January 2012 and October 2014. The faculty research rank combines the absolute number of publications with the number weighted relative to the faculty’s size. The complete methodology for 2015 may be found at http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/ under Global MBA.

About The Paul Merage School of Business at UC Irvine

The Paul Merage School of Business offers four dynamic MBA programs, a Master of Professional Accountancy – plus PhD and undergraduate business degrees – that deliver its thematic approach to business education: sustainable growth through strategic innovation. It graduates leaders with the exceptional ability to help grow their organizations through analytical decision-making, innovation and collaborative execution. In-class and on-site experiences with real-world business problems give students the edge needed to help companies compete in today’s global economy. The Merage School consistently ranks among the top five percent of accredited programs in the U.S. To learn more, visit: merage.uci.edu.

Article references
finance.yahoo.com