GMAC Debuts First Dedicated Integrated Reasoning Prep Tool

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 19:01

RESTON, VA--(Marketwired - Apr 21, 2014) -  With the introduction today of The Official GMAT® Integrated Reasoning Prep Tool, students will now have access to a powerful web-based resource in their preparation for the only standardized test designed expressly for graduate business and management programs worldwide.

The Official GMAT Integrated Reasoning Prep Tool is a set of 48 items and answer explanations from the Integrated Reasoning section of the GMAT exam. It is the only dedicated Integrated Reasoning prep tool available that contains retired Integrated Reasoning items.

"We developed Integrated Reasoning as a way to measure 'big data' skills, the ability to evaluate and synthesize information presented in multiple formats," said Ashok Sarathy, vice president for product management at Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), the worldwide association of business schools that conducts the GMAT exam. "The Official GMAT Integrated Reasoning Prep Tool offers a valuable opportunity for test takers to prepare to do their best on the GMAT exam to showcase important skills that business schools and global employers are seeking today."

The Official GMAT Integrated Reasoning Prep Tool is priced at $19.99 and is available at mba.com. Purchasers will have access to the web-based tool for six months for unlimited practice sessions, and the option of purchasing an additional three months for $9.99. Users may customize question sets by difficulty and type of question, easy to hard or random, and may choose exam or study modes. The tool contains timers that track time spent per question as well as total time.

The tool provides multiple reporting options, which focus on time management, session history, and question history. Benchmarking features show what percentage of GMAT examinees, by IR score, got each individual item correct.

The tool complements GMAC's full array of test prep products and offers candidates another way to prepare and succeed on the GMAT exam.

About GMAC: The Graduate Management Admission Council (gmac.com) is a nonprofit education organization of leading graduate business schools and owner of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT exam), now celebrating its 60th year and used by more than 6,000 graduate business and management programs worldwide. GMAC is based in Reston, Virginia, and has regional offices in London, New Delhi and Hong Kong. The GMAT exam -- the only standardized test designed expressly for graduate business and management programs worldwide -- is continuously available at approximately 600 test centers in 113 countries. More information about the GMAT exam is available at mba.com. For more information about GMAC, please visit gmac.com/newscenter.