"According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies

"According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the past year. Clearly, the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough of our prospective viewers. Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of our movies but with the public's lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available. Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising."

The argument assumes that a huge budget in advertising about the Super Screen Movie Production Company will attract the more viewers but even a cursory reader can understand that it has some incongruity with its reasons. It neglects some crucial facts to be dealt with such as people's economic conditions, cost of ticket etc.

To start with, the argument doesn't consider the economic background of people. It can be possible that the cost of ticket fixed by the production company is high and most of the residents may not have a stable financial support. Thus watching movies seems to be an extravagance to them. Thus the company has to reconsider about the price of the ticket.

Again, argument does not take into account the sale of DVD of the movies. Perhaps, many people find it for convenient to buy DVD and watch the movie in his leisure time in home. Modern technology has advanced so much that one can even view movie from internet. In that case, only investing more budgets in advertising doesn't affect the number of viewers in movie hall.

Lastly, argument only infers about the quality of movies on the basis of movie reviewers' positive responses but never analyses the demand of common people. It also doesn't state the popularity of other production house. It may be the case that these companies are releasing movies of better qualities.

In conclusion, the reasons described in the argument does little to bolster the conclusion about the investing more budgets in advertising to motivate more people to come to hall. Thus the argument has to look into other influential factors mentioned above and after proper investigation on these one can conclude whether more investment can attract more viewers.