Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at

Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at least some of the year, for the ice to cover the sea separating the islands, allowing the deer to travel over it. Unfortunately, according to reports from local hunters, the deer populations are declining. Since these reports coincide with recent global warming trends that have caused the sea ice to melt, we can conclude that the purported decline in deer populations is the result of the deer's being unable to follow their age-old migration patterns across the frozen sea.

In this argument, the author draws a conclusion that the purported decline in deer populations is caused by the global warming make deer impossible to follows their old-aged patterns across the frozen sea. This conclusion seems plausible and convincing, while a comprehensive scrutiny makes it groundless.

First of all, the survey provided here is too restrictive. In any poll and study, the numbers samples or objects under survey should be large and diverse. We do not know how many hunters were inquired. Maybe only one hunter claimed about this. Without any detail about the report, this evidence is problematic and is not representative.

First of all, the author fails to establish a causal relation between the decline in deer population and the global warming. The global warming indeed melt some ice in the Arctic land; however, this argument does not provide any evidence that the route was damaged by the increase in global temperature, since the ice is perhaps too thick to melt. If the ice does not melt, the author's conclusion is invalidated. Besides, even granted that the ice is melt, the deer can find another alternative route to get across the sea and escape the cold winter and find enough food.

Besides, the increase in temperature perhaps is conductive for the population of deer. We know that when the climate get warm, the planet can thrive and become more prosperous. Hence the food for deer would become abundant. With plenty of food, the colony of deer will get large. This outcome obviously contradicts the conclusion the author claims. The argument provided no evidence to preclude such possibility, so it is still disputable to draw what the author maintains.

To sum up, the evidence provided by the author does not lend any credibility on his conclusion. Deeper and more scrupulous consideration is required to draw a indisputable conclusion.

Sentence: In this argument, the author draws a conclusion that the purported decline in deer populations is caused by the global warming make deer impossible to follows their old-aged patterns across the frozen sea.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to to and follows

First of all, the author fails to establish a causal relation
Second, the author fails to establish a causal relation

argument 3 -- not OK. You guess 'the increase in temperature perhaps is conductive for the population of deer. '