Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu

Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall student grade averages at Omega have risen by 30 percent. Potential employers, looking at this dramatic rise in grades, believe that grades at Omega are inflated and do not accurately reflect student achievement; as a result, Omega graduates have not been as successful at getting jobs as have graduates from nearby Alpha University. To enable its graduates to secure better jobs, Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The originator of the argument avers that due to the implementation of the procedure, which allows students to gauge teacher's performance, leads to inadequate estimation of students' knowledge and therefore, the local employers tend to choose graduate students from Alpha University over alumnae from Omega University. Thus the author proposes to cease the student evaluation of professors. The writer's recommendation is buttressed by evidence which should be carefully scrutinized in order to give a thoughtful estimation of soundness of the argument.

The central evidence which is given to us is that local employers prefer to hire graduate students from Alpha University and tend to neglect graduates from Omega University. However, are these educational institutions equil to each other? Perhaps they have different specializations, educational programs or hired teachers. For example, Alpha Univerity may hire a group of eminent professors who well know in their field and therefore, the students who enroll in this university have advantage. Perhaps the professions to which these universities prepare differ as well. Omega University study a good physicists or other mathematitians who can easily find work in other parts of the state but are not required by local employers. In other words, the universities may not be equal in many ways and thus, the comparison of them is not reasonable.

The second evidence which is given to us is that graduate students who finish the Omega does not able to get a decent job. However, this idea is supported only by the fact that local employers do not hire the Omega students. Perhaps the qualifications which are acquired in the Omega University are not needed by the local business. For example, the students may be a highly qualified software engineers but local business is largely interested in managers and service workers. Consequently, the fact that local employers do not hire the graduate students from Omega University does not mean that these students cannot find job at all.

Finally, the writer of the argument asserts that the program should be terminated and students should not evaluate performance of their teachers. However, the program has demonstrated that it is highly effective and the average grade has skyrocketed by 30 per cent. Probably teachers who understand that their salary depends on students evaluation try to give them more knowledge in the most suited way.

In conclusion, the writer of the argument claims that the program which allows students to gauge the teachers' efficiency should be terminated due to the belief that the graduate students are unsuccessful in getting and securing jobs. However, the given evidences have failed to support this viewpoint. In fact, the students may not be hired by the local business for several reasons which do not connected with the belief and they may be highly successful in other regions and states.

professors who well know in their field
professors who are well know in their fields

Sentence: However, are these educational institutions equil to each other?
Error: equil Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Omega University study a good physicists or other mathematitians who can easily find work in other parts of the state but are not required by local employers.
Error: mathematitians Suggestion: mathematicians

----------------

argument 2 -- it is duplicated to argument 1

argument 3 -- 'student grade averages at Omega have risen by 30 percent' may be not because of the evaluation of professor.
----------------

read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-argument-task-essays/fifteen-years-ago-o…

---------------------