The following appeared in an editorial in the Bayside Sentinel."Bayside citizens need to consider raising local taxes if they want to see improvements in the Bayside School District. Test scores, graduation and college admission rates, and a number of oth

The following appeared in an editorial in the Bayside Sentinel.
"Bayside citizens need to consider raising local taxes if they want to see improvements in the Bayside School District. Test scores, graduation and college admission rates, and a number of other indicators have long made it clear that the Bayside School District is doing poor job educating our youth. Our schools run down. Windows are broken, bathrooms unusable, and classroom equipment hopelessly out of date. Yet just across the Bay, in New Harbor, school facilities are up to date and in good condition. The difference is money; New Harbor spends twenty-seven percent more per student than Bayside does, and test scores and other indicators of students are stronger in New Harbor as well."

In this argument the passage states that a higher rate of taxes should be levied in order to improve the school oriented issues. First, they considered poor academic outcomes and then they announced the poor quality of educational facilities in the Bayside.

The test scores, graduation and admission rates, and other parameters are poor in Bayside School District which may not be for sure according to lower income of Bayside through received taxes. This problem can have some other reasons on of which could be lower enthusiasm of students studying at time in their educational career. They may also have also different form of living, for example living in a farmer family in which they are obligated to do some non-academic tasks throughout both semesters. Even a high production factory in the mentioned region may absorbed them toward working rather than studying, resulting in lower college admission rates.

On the other set of reasons described, the letter says that school and educational facilities are in so a poor condition; windows are broken, and so.These objects does not essentially sound that higher tax rate will be ancillary because students in Bayside may do not care much about their properties in the school. Moreover, there is a probability that the raw materials used in construction of the school building were in low quality. Going forward, being out of date, equipment of this school are being questioned. There is no definite reason to revenue them because they may be sufficient to that level of education and spending more budget on some more up-to-date paraphernalia is not thrifty.

Another dubious parameter is the money spent per student which does not necessarily indicate better educational performance. Maybe the tuition is higher in New Harbor schools and also there is an enacted law in that region which enforces schools to defray students' expenses resulting to higher money being spent per capita in that educational area.

To come to a conclusion, the mentioned factors may affect quality of education in these two distinct regions, however, glancing at aforementioned arguments does not sound granted. They are just probable and not ineluctably possible which one can easily refute them.