The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a local newspaper in Masontown:" If we want to save money on municipal garbage disposal fees, we need to encourage our residents to recycle more. Last year, our neighboring town, Hayesworth, passed a law

The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a local newspaper in Masontown:

" If we want to save money on municipal garbage disposal fees, we need to encourage our residents to recycle more. Last year, our neighboring town, Hayesworth, passed a law requiring that all households recycle paper and glass, or pay a fine. Since that time, Hayesworth has seen its garbage disposal costs significantly decreased. If we implemented an advertising campaign encouraging our residents to recycle, Masontown would also save money on disposal of its waste."

In the present situation recycling is of prime importace and the authors conclusion of implementing an advertisement campaign to encourage the resident to recycle is rife with assumptions and loophole.

The author assumed that the recycling of the waste done by narby residents can also be applied to Masontown which might not be necessary. For instance the technique used by the other resedential society is so costly that the residents of Masontown cannot afford. Also it may be possible that the area required or the skills required to recycle the waste are not available to the residents. It may also be possible that the type of waste generated by the household is not similar to that of the neighbourhood. In all such instance the authors suggestion doesn't hold good. Also author has assumed that the decrease in the waste is due to recycling which might not be completely correct. For instance, it might be possible that the residents living in the area have vacated the place and hence reducing the amount of waste generated.

Moreover, author has assumed the by passing a law of collecting fine will let people to recycle, which might not be true. For instance if in a society where all the rich people reside will be willing to pay fine rather than recycling the waste. Also author didn't mentioned the amount of the fine, it may be possible that the fine amount is comparitively less than the amount needed for starting a recycle plant, so people will be reluctant to have a recycle station and would be happy to give the fine.

Further, author has assumed that the advertisement will encourage the residents to recycle and may not hold correct, as encouraging is one part but the main part is implementation. It is possible that people are excited to do it but due to other commitments not able to reclycle. Also, author has assumed that the municipal has enough money to invest in the advertisement, it will be judicious to spend the money on creating a recycle place for all the waste that is collected rather than spending in the money on adertisement.

In present situation it good to have recycling done at home as said "Charity begins at Home". So with the above argument the author suggestion of recycling is good but people should be made to do it rather than just encouaging to do it.

Sentence: In the present situation recycling is of prime importace and the authors conclusion of implementing an advertisement campaign to encourage the resident to recycle is rife with assumptions and loophole.
Error: rife Suggestion: rise
Error: importace Suggestion: importance

Sentence: The author assumed that the recycling of the waste done by narby residents can also be applied to Masontown which might not be necessary.
Error: narby Suggestion: nearby

Sentence: For instance the technique used by the other resedential society is so costly that the residents of Masontown cannot afford.
Error: resedential Suggestion: residential

Sentence: It may also be possible that the type of waste generated by the household is not similar to that of the neighbourhood.
Error: neighbourhood Suggestion: neighborhood

Sentence: Also author didn't mentioned the amount of the fine, it may be possible that the fine amount is comparitively less than the amount needed for starting a recycle plant, so people will be reluctant to have a recycle station and would be happy to give the fine.
Error: comparitively Suggestion: comparatively

Sentence: It is possible that people are excited to do it but due to other commitments not able to reclycle.
Error: reclycle Suggestion: recycle

Sentence: Also, author has assumed that the municipal has enough money to invest in the advertisement, it will be judicious to spend the money on creating a recycle place for all the waste that is collected rather than spending in the money on adertisement.
Error: adertisement Suggestion: advertisement

Sentence: So with the above argument the author suggestion of recycling is good but people should be made to do it rather than just encouaging to do it.
Error: encouaging Suggestion: encouraging

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------