The following appeared in a letter from the owner of the Sunnyside Towers apartment complex to its manager."One month ago, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow to one

The following appeared in a letter from the owner of the Sunnyside Towers apartment complex to its manager.
"One month ago, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow to one-third of what it used to be. Although actual readings of water usage before and after the adjustment are not yet available, the change will obviously result in a considerable savings for Sunnyside Corporation, since the corporation must pay for water each month. Except for a few complaints about low water pressure, no problems with showers have been reported since the adjustment. Clearly, modifying showerheads to restrict water flow throughout all twelve buildings in the Sunnyside Towers complex will increase our profits further."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The owner of Sunnyside Towers apartment complex suggests restricting water pressure in the buildings in order to maximize profit. The conclusion is clearly flawed as evidences supporting the conclusion are weak and do not bolster it. The author assumes that residents will use only third of the water if the pressure is lowered and would not continue complaining. The owner states that only several complains received sofar and he hopes that it will end the issue.

Owner definitely needs more evidence to substantiate his claims that water usage will go down to one third if the pressure in showerheads is lowed. People might increase the water usage exactly because of the fact that the water is slow and use showers and bathtubs open for a longer periods of time. Therefore, the actual costs could increase as on top of the same amount of water usage, people would use more electricity. To illustrate, we can use example of one particular family that takes hot bathtubs every evening and since water pressure is now lower, it would take three times longer to fill up the tub. It would be same for a family, as they, for instance, watch TV while water is running, but it doesn't not decrease water usage and save no money for the building owner.

Second evidence that needs to be supplied is that people would not complain due to lower water pressure. Owner remarks that several complains have already been received from residence. For some inexplicable reason, owner assumes that people would not be vocal about the situation and just will passively admit it as a fact of life. The author needs to reconsider his assumption and to get hard evidence that new situation could be ok with people. The owner could run a public opinion poll to ask residence’s opinion to lowering pressure as opposed to sneaking out in hopes that residence will not notice the change. In a fast paced life people like things to happen fast and therefore hot and quick shower in the morning is a fact of life for many people. Indeed, if a high-profile manager of the company, who happened to live in one of Sunnyside towers complex building, could notice that he have to spend twice as much time in a morning shower, he might not only berate the owner but also leave the building altogether suggesting other residents to follow his example. Consequently, the business will suffer even more.

As has been noted, the prospect of small benefit could result in a big loss for owner and Property Management Company and, therefore, owner need to reconsider his idea to squeeze out small amount of money from the business and lose the trust and loyalty of residents. People do have voice and will surely notice that something has changed unfavorably. Good customer service is a very important factor in business and lowering the standard will deter people from the service.

that he have to spend twice as much time in a morning shower
that he has to spend twice as much time in a morning shower

Sentence: The author needs to reconsider his assumption and to get hard evidence that new situation is ok with people.
Error: ok Suggestion: No alternate word

argument 1 -- NOT OK. how did you get this: '...his claims that water usage will go down to one third if the pressure in showerheads is lowed'? Look, 'actual readings of water usage before and after the adjustment are not yet available'

argument 2 -- OK. But maybe because of time 'One month ago'.

More arguments: Even though it works in the 'first three buildings', it doesn't mean it will work in 'all twelve buildings'.