The following appeared in a memorandum issued by the strategic planning department at Omni Inc Mesa Foods a manufacturer of snack foods that currently markets its products within a relatively small region of the country has strong growth potential Mesa en

The following appeared in a memorandum issued by the strategic planning department at Omni Inc.

"Mesa Foods, a manufacturer of snack foods that currently markets its products within a relatively small region of the country, has strong growth potential. Mesa enjoyed a 20 percent increase in profits last year, and its best-selling product, Diabolique Salsa, has had increased sales over each of the past three years. Since Omni Inc. is interested in reaching 14-to-25 year olds, the age group that consumes the most snack food, we should buy Mesa Foods, and concentrate in particular on marketing Diabolique Salsa throughout the country."

In this memo the author assumes that the Mesa foods, a manufacture of snack food has a splendid potential to boost in its business. The author provide some doubtful assumptions like last year profits and high consumption rate among specific age group, and in final regarding to age of the manufacturer, company can propagate its work in whole country. Close scrutiny of this memo reveals that all mentioned facts are not rationale to support this argument.

First of all, the author assumes that the Mesa foods manufacturer enjoyed its bestselling by 20 percent which this means that this company has a great opportunity to progress. The author fails to indicate the progress of other manufactures. It is entirely possible that other companies have a high rate in their sales. Or perhaps company in other products had a diminish in sale which average sale for other products was low.

Second, the manufacturer interested its 14-25 years old means this company has a potential patrons to consume its products, according to the author' assumption. Working for a long time does not necessarily means that that company has a great potential and follower among other age group. May be the consumers of the Mesa's products are people working in their workplace without any accessible and restaurant.

The author indicates that the Mesa manufacturer should extend its products specially Diabolique Salsa throughout the country to earn more money. The author's evidence is doubtful since he denied explaining that Diabolique Salsa is a healthy product. It is entirely other region never like this products and it is possible that the Mesa manufacturer had inadequate instruments and facilities to propagate its products in other regions.

To conclude, the author provides some skeptical assumptions about future of the Mesa Company’s products. To bolster evidence of this arguments the author ,must provide solid evidence about the age groups who consume the Mesa's products. I would need more information about average sales of the manufacturer and other companies' sales. I would also need information about the facilities and monetary sources of Mesa food to better assessment of manufacturer' future in the business world.

--------------------
argument 1 -- not OK.

argument 2 -- not OK

argument 3 -- not exactly. Only need to say: maybe people in other regions never like this product.
--------------------
Let's analyze the structure of the statement and argue accordingly:

condition 1:
Mesa Foods, a manufacturer of snack foods that currently markets its products within a relatively small region of the country, has strong growth potential. //it works in a relatively small region, it may not work throughout the country.

condition 2:
Mesa enjoyed a 20 percent increase in profits last year, and its best-selling product, Diabolique Salsa, has had increased sales over each of the past three years. //how is the ratio of the best-selling product among all selling products? maybe very small. and it enjoyed a 20 percent increase in profits last year, how are other years?

conclusion:
Since Omni Inc. is interested in reaching 14-to-25 year olds, the age group that consumes the most snack food, we should buy Mesa Foods, and concentrate in particular on marketing Diabolique Salsa throughout the country. //maybe people in 14-to-25 year olds don't like the product.

----------------------