The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any

The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.

"According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the past year. Clearly, the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough of our prospective viewers. Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of our movies but with the public's lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available. Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The memo indicates the sale problem of the lowest sales and the increase in positive reviews of Super Screen-produced movies in the last year. The author concludes that it is because the public are unaware of high quality of Super Screen-produced movies, and then Super Screen-produced movies should be advertised. However, there are some questions which listed in the following and needed to be clarified before judging the recommendation.

First of all, the author plausibly assumes that if the public were aware of the higher percentage of positive reviews from movie reviewers, the customers should incline. Nevertheless, it might cause by the decrease of the quantity of the movies. It is possible that solely two Super Screen-produced movies run in the last year and the regular amount of the other years is ten. Therefore, there were less sales for less movies, even with the public all were aware the high quality of the movies.

Moreover, there are many other issues could bring about the poor sale in the movies, which is not the basic human needs of living but solely entertainment. Probably, the poor sale in the last year might since the depression of the economy, but not the unawareness of the high quality of the movies. If the economy did not function well in the last year, people would limit their spend on entertainments, which has little relation to the quality of the entertainments.

Finally, the writer asserts that allotting a higher budget could reach the awareness of the public and then solve the few customers problem for Super Screen-produced movies. Notwithstanding, there is insufficient information to prove that the advertisement could efficiently grab people's attention. Perhaps, there are many other methods to catch people's eyes, such as providing a discount, affording free beverage, and improving the hygiene standard of the theater. Hence, the advertisement might not be the best and only way to bolster the sales of the movies.

To sum up, there is some doubt about the information which is demonstrated in the argument. Until the questions about the quantity of the movies, the economy condition, and the practical means to grab the public attention are answered, the recommendation could not be accepted.

Sentence: The author concludes that it is because the public are unaware of high quality of Super Screen-produced movies, and then Super Screen-produced movies should be advertised.
Description: The fragment because the public is not usually followed by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is

Sentence: First of all, the author plausibly assumes that if the public were aware of the higher percentage of positive reviews from movie reviewers, the customers should incline.
Description: The fragment if the public is not usually followed by were
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace were with was
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to should and incline

Sentence: Therefore, there were less sales for less movies, even with the public all were aware the high quality of the movies.
Description: The tag an adjective is not usually followed by the
there are many other issues could bring about the poor sale in the movies
there are many other issues which could bring about the poor sale in the movies

----------------
argument 1 -- not OK. it is not related to the quantity of the movies. Suppose the company only made one movie like 'Titanic' which is very popular in the market, this movie is equal to 100 movies for customers.

----------------