The following was written as a part of an application for a small-business loan by a group ofdevelopers in the city of Monroe."A jazz music club in Monroe would be a tremendously profitable enterprise. Currently, the nearest jazz club is 65 miles away; th

The following was written as a part of an application for a small-business loan by a group of
developers in the city of Monroe.
"A jazz music club in Monroe would be a tremendously profitable enterprise. Currently, the nearest jazz club is 65 miles away; thus, the proposed new jazz club in Monroe, the C-Note, would have the local market all to itself. Plus, jazz is extremely popular in Monroe: over 100,000 people attended Monroe's annual jazz festival last summer; several well-known jazz musicians live in Monroe; and the highest-rated radio program in Monroe is 'Jazz Nightly,' which airs every weeknight at 7 P.M. Finally, a nationwide study indicates that the typical jazz fan spends close to $1,000 per year on jazz entertainment."

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The group of developers in the city of Monroe (GD) believes that building a new jazz music club in the city would lead to significant income for the club. This conclusion is grounded in the assumption that the people of Monroe are passionate fans of such a music. In order to meet the needs of such fans, as there is no jazz club in the vicinity, the GD believes that developing a jazz club would be justified economically. The argument lacks vital evidence to affirm the GD conclusion.

First, such an enterprise might not be justifiable only because the town lacks a near accessible club. Conversely, this can tell us that the city does not necessarily want to have it in the vicinity. It is possible that if there were significant demands of the fans, such a music club would have already been in the town. The GD needs to ask that why the nearest jazz club is located so far from this town.

Secondly, the GD needs to ask how many people of the town can be counted as the potential members and costumers of prospective club. The GD cites an annual jazz festival in Monroe that many people attended the festival, to show that how much local people like this music. How many of the attendants were local? The attendants of the festival might have come from the other cities and not from Monroe. Furthermore the jazz musicians living in Monroe do not certainly show the inclination of people to jazz. These well-known might choose Monroe to live a peaceful life and they did not choose it perhaps not to live among the fans.

Thirdly, the GD refers to a nationwide study showing that the typical jazz fan spends $1000 per year. Do the study’s results reflect the inclination of the local people of Monroe? It is possible that people in Monore are parsimonious when they want to pay for the music they like. Furthermore, all the money that jazz fans spend is not exclusively limited to clubs they go. The GD needs to show how much each person spends in the jazz clubs. It is possible that such money is spent on going to concerts or buying online jazz music instead of going to clubs.

In short, the GD’s argument fails to be persuasive. With the several questions remaining unaddressed, the argument is not clear sufficiently. The answer to the enumerated questions will lead us to evaluate the argument more evenhandedly