An international development organization, in response to a vitamin A deficiency among people in the impoverished nation of Tagus, has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A. While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be p

An international development organization, in response to a vitamin A deficiency among people in the impoverished nation of Tagus, has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A. While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be paid subsidies for farming the new variety of millet. Since millet is already a staple food in Tagus, people will readily adopt the new variety. To combat vitamin A deficiency, the government of Tagus should do everything it can to promote this new type of millet.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation

In this argument, an international development organization suggests some ways to improve the deficiency of the Tagus people by promoting new type of millet.But there are some instances which they have missed out and jump to the conclusion to promote this new type of the millet. Some of the points which they failed to enlighten are enumerated below.

While organization in response to vitamin A deficiency among people of Tagus says that they should start eating this new breed of millet for vitamin. But there are no valid poofs they have specified that new millet will be surely be able to improve vitamin A deficiency. They need to give some reports claiming about the benefits about the millet.

Secondly, to improve the deficiency of vitamin A there are many other food items available, say for instance instead of eating millet the people of Tagus can eat carrots,mangoes,etc which are full of vitamin A.

Even the price of the millet seeds is costly so definitely the price of the crops yielded will be more. Also it is not sure whether all the farmers will agree on the subsidies. They may wish to grow and harvest those crops which yield even more value than millet.

Eventhough millet is the staple food of the people we can't assume that they will readily accept it. We don't know the living standards of all the people. Some might not be able to afford the millet so this accepting this new type of millet is out of scope.

Also it argues that the government of Tagus should do everything to promote this new type of millet. But we don't know whether promoting a new millet will be a success or not? So before jumping to that they should conduct a survey of the people whether they will be able to afford it, or are there any other measures to improve the deficiency of vitamin A.

Finally, there are some claims which they need to look upon before reaching to the conclusion.

argument 1 -- not OK

argument 2 -- not OK

argument 3 -- not OK
--------------------
You are not on the right track for argument essays. Need to analyze the structure of the statement and argue accordingly.

read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-argument-task-essays/international-devel…