Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher

Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas where residents lead healthy lives, and clearly Plainsville is such an area. Plainsville merchants report that sales of running shoes and exercise clothing are at all-time highs. The local health club has more members than ever, and the weight training and aerobics classes are always full. Finally, Plainsville's schoolchildren represent a new generation of potential customers: these schoolchildren are required to participate in a fitness-for-life program, which emphasizes the benefits of regular exercise at an early age.

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The following assumption is flawed for numerous reasons. Primarily, it is based on unwarranted assumption that Sales of running shoes and exercise clothing is high all the time rendering its main conclusion that nature way a chain of store selling health food and other health related products will be successful in Plainsville , invalid. Indeed, there are several unstated assumption which if not hold true, argument will totally fall apart.

The author fails to provide justification that sales of running shoes and exercise clothing will lead to success of nature way store. For one, maybe people from outside the Plainsville city are coming to buy because of cheap prize. Moreover, even if the residents of Plainsville are buying , maybe they are gifting to there relatives and not actually using themselves. The argument had been stronger if author had provided the information on, how many customers are actually using themselves these clothing. Also, how buying of clothing will be success to the nature way store. There is no trend shown.

The argument assumes that since people are health conscious so they will buy products from nature way. Maybe nature way store is selling organic food, which though is healthy but not used by people doing exercises. This store may not be selling the food items like energy drinks, fruits etc. which are preferred by people doing exercises. So, argument needs to find the food item sold by the store and that if people are going to use it.

Furthermore, the argument assumes that since more people have joined the local health group. The nature way store will be a success. Maybe people from outside that city have joined the club. They might not be having health club in their own place and have joined it. Also the location of store matters. How far is it, if it’s in outskirts of city. People may not prefer to go and buy products from there. The argument had been strong had it provided information about location of store. Also, the number of people earlier in the health club and at now. How many have joined. Even if more people have joined, it could that these people have their own farm. Grow their own food.

Finally, though the young generation are promising customer. But the argument here is assuming that over the period of time. The number stores will remain same. Maybe there will be more stores in the city overtime. It’s assuming the economical level will remain same.

Because argument is based on several unwarranted assumptions it failed to provide convincing case that nature way will be successful.

will be success
will be successful

about location of store.
about the locations of the stores.

----------------

----------------