Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher

Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas where residents lead healthy lives, and clearly Plainsville is such an area. Plainsville merchants report that sales of running shoes and exercise clothing are at all-time highs. The local health club has more members than ever, and the weight training and aerobics classes are always full. Finally, Plainsville's schoolchildren represent a new generation of potential customers: these schoolchildren are required to participate in a fitness-for-life program, which emphasizes the benefits of regular exercise at an early age.

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

With the information provided, the assumptions leading to the conclusion remains unfounded. The author uses the evidence that sales of running shoes and exercise clothing are at all-time highs and The local health club has more members than ever, and the weight training and aerobics classes are always full which indicates that Plainesville’s people are very interested in healthy lives hence it will be very profitable for Nature's way to open his store in Plainsville. However, the author makes a number of unproved assumptions that hamper reader's ability to believe author's conclusion.If the author was to provide more evidence to support the assumptions, the argument would be much more effective.

The primary assumption underlying author's conclusion is about authenticity of Plainsville merchants report. Author has not mentioned about the details of report like number of shops where increase is recorded, survey area etc. It might be possible that report is based on only particular area where new people came to live in the city and they are buying these things for daily use. So, to reinforce the argument author should have mentioned about population on which that report is based.

Moreover, author further assumes that increase in the sell of running shoes and exercise clothing indicates that Plainsville's people became more interested in healthy life. But it might be possible that economic condition of city became better compare to previous condition in which people were not capable of buying those things and now they are first time buying these things for daily routine use. But still they do not have that much money to buy health food and other health related materials. So to reinforce the argument author should have mentioned about present and previous economic and social condition of the city.

The author further assumes that the local health club has more members than ever, and the weight training and aerobics classes are always full so they are interested in healthy life and they will buy health related products. But it might be possible the due to increase in the obesity problem they are going to health club, they already have everything related to health material because of existing stores so they will not get attracted to new store unless new store will give better offer compare to existing stores .So, to reinforce the argument author should have discussed about other health related product stores in the city and about their offers, unless Nature's way store will give better offer to customers they will not get attracted to new store.

To sum up, the author fails to substantiate his conclusion that Nature's way store will make large profit in plainsville, because he has not given enough evidence to support his claim. He should have discussed about population on which that report is based, economic and social condition of the city and existing health related product stores to substantiate his claim.

Sentence: But it might be possible the due to increase in the obesity problem they are going to health club, they already have everything related to health material because of existing stores so they will not get attracted to new store unless new store will give better offer compare to existing stores .So, to reinforce the argument author should have discussed about other health related product stores in the city and about their offers, unless Nature's way store will give better offer to customers they
Description: The tag an adjective is not usually followed by the
Suggestion: Refer to possible and the

argument 1 -- not OK