"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather an

"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs."

The argument concludes that the television station will retreat from its current schedule to previous one to gain its former popularity but the reasons cited here are not very much cogent to be accepted. It neglects certain facts to be considered such as number of viewers and proportion of complaints or other reasons behind the cancellation of advertisement contracts.

Firstly, the argument doesn't reveal the average number of watchers of late-night program. It only reveals that most of complaints are regarding to station's coverage of weather and local news but it nowhere indicates that people are complaining against the increased time to national news. It may be the case that the authencity or quality of local and weather news are not upto the satisfaction of the viewers. So, only improvement in casting local and weather news may avert the untoward situation.

Secondly, even if we consider that increased time in national news has vexed the viewers, the argument doesn't disclose the proportion of complaints. If a few proportions of watchers are annoyed by the matter then restoring the time scheduled for weather and local news of its former level due to appease them may cause annoyance in others. So, without proper investigation and analysis it is not shrewd idea to restore its previous schedule.

Lastly, the argument infers that local businesses cancelled their contracts with the station due to increased time to national news. But the reason is not quite logical. As it may be the case that those business partners have found more profitable contracts than the existing one.

Thus the argument provides very little convincing reasons to bolster the stated conclusion of shifting to devote more time in weather and local news in late-night program.

Sentence: It may be the case that the authencity or quality of local and weather news are not upto the satisfaction of the viewers.
Error: authencity Suggestion: authority
Error: upto Suggestion: up to

You need to analyze the structure of the statement and argue accordingly:

condition 1:
During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news.

condition 2:
In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with us.

conclusion:
Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs

So you can make three arguments according to two condition and one conclusion.

argument 1:
no statistic is provided that compares the complaints before and after the change in news. There is a possibility that they have been already many complaints before and amount of complaints might drop after the alterment in the news. Moreover, the argument does not specify the content of the complaints. The topics the complaints cover might be a problem with content rather than duration. The argument would be much clearer if it explicitly stated the content and statistics about the complaints.

argument 2:
There might be other reasons that motivate local businesses to cancel their contracts. To illustrate, other marketing methods might be proven much more efficent. Hence, the local businesses might prefer this methods such as internet or newspapers. In addition, other local television stations might propose to air these advertisements for less money...

argument 3:
the argument asserts that they will attract more viewers when they return to their old system. However, the argument does not compare the current and previous ratings. There is considerable possibility that their number of audiences has been increased because they extend the time devoted to national news.