Over the past year our late night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news During this period most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station s coverage of weather and lo

Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have cancelled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The author states the fact that due to low local news and weather coverage, there have been not only complaints, but lowered revenues due to a reduction in advertising by local businesses. There are several tacit implications, without substantial evidence, that the late-night news program's audience is mostly local, thereby concluding that they have a major claim to airing local news and weather, not to mention, that they are a major factor for local business advertisements.

First, the author states most of the complaints received from viewer were concerned with the station's coverage of l...

Sentence: The fact that little coverage of local news and weather cannot be simply stated as the reason for the sudden cancelation of local businesses advertisements.
Error: cancelation Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: There are a few unbased assumptions that the conclusion assumes.
Error: unbased Suggestion: No alternate word

--------------------
argument 1 -- not OK

argument 2 -- not OK

argument 3 -- not OK
--------------------
It is not related to local and non-local viewers. read a sample:

http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-essays/following-memorandum-business-man…

----------------------