Over the past year our late night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news During the same time period most of the complaints we received from viewers were concerned with th

"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the same time period, most of the complaints we received from viewers were concerned with the station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, several local businesses that used to run advertisements during our late-night news program have just cancelled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand the coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs."

The author present the case of a television station. He supposes that the change in time allotted to the weather and local news has had adverse effects on the station. In order to compensate for the losses he proposes to increase the time devoted to the local and weather news. However the argument is not tenable as it lacks valid evidences. Also the manager makes several unwarranted assumptions. As a result the argument becomes dubious.

The first problem with the argument is the vague terminology. The manager mentions that the program has increased the time alloted to national new and ...

Sentence: Here also the wording is ambigious.
Error: ambigious Suggestion: ambiguous

Sentence: Hence the author's conclusion the by increasing the allotted time to the local and weather news, more viwers will be attracted and revenues will not decrease further, is incredible.
Error: viwers Suggestion: viewers

-----------------------
argument 1 -- not really. You: 'However he doesn't specify how much was the decrease, 2 hours or 10 min?'. Anyway there is a decrease, doesn't matter 2 hours or 10 min. This is a fact and is not a loophole.

This is not for argument, it is like a truth:
'Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news.'

The structure of the arguments:

condition 1:
During the same time period, most of the complaints we received from viewers were concerned with the station's coverage of weather and local news.

condition 2:
In addition, several local businesses that used to run advertisements during our late-night news program have just cancelled their advertising contracts with us.

Conclusion:
Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid ...