A recent sales study indicated that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent over the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants that specialize in seafood. Moreover, the majority of fam

A recent sales study indicated that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent over the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants that specialize in seafood. Moreover, the majority of families in Bay City are two-income families, and a nationwide study has shown that such families eat significantly fewer home-cooked meals than they did a decade ago but at the same time express more concern about eating healthily. Therefore, a new Bay City restaurant specializing in seafood will be quite popular and profitable.

In this study the author concludes that establishing a restaurant specializing in seafood in Bay City would be a profitable enterprise besides being popular among the residents. To support this conclusion the author points out that seafood dishes have being more consumed by the populace during the recent five years. He also cites that according to a study the resident of this city eat fewer home-cooked meals than they did ten year ago and simultaneously are more concerned about their health. A close scrutiny reveals that this supporting evidence lends little credible support to the argument for several respects.

First, the 30 percent increasing in the consumption of sea foods can not be attributable to the increasing inclination in people to eat sea foods rather other herbal or meat foods. Since, there is no substantial evidence to ensure that in comparison with this souring up in consumption of sea foods the eating of other foods has not changed significantly. For example, this observation might be merely the cause of growing population who are interested in all kinds of food and this increase can be seen in consumption of other foods too. Therefore, without ruling out this probability, this evidence would be inadequate and not authentic.

Second, the author reasons that the residents of this city are more eager to eat seafood dishes in restaurant based on two unsubstantial reasons. One reason is that the the majority of families in this city are two-income families which he thinks probably they would be more able to afford the costs of eating out side the home or the both spouse are too busy to cook at home. However, there is no dear and demographic evidence that corroborate this claim.

Another reason is that a nationwide study has demonstrated that these families eat fewer home-cooked meals during the recent decade. Nevertheless, this study might not be well documented and resulted for several grounds. For instance the respondents to the study might not be a good representative of the whole people of the nation, and even if it is this nationwide study can not be attributable to the people of this city which might have different regional tastes.

Third, accepting the accuracy of this study, although people in Bay City are paying more attention to their healthy eating, it can not be concluded that they will just consider sea foods as healthy foods. Undoubtedly there are various kinds of healthy foods such as herbal foods which will compete with sea foods.

In sum, this argument fails to convince me that establishing a restaurant which provides seafood meals in Bay City will be quite profitable. To strengthen the argument the author must account for all other factors that might be the reason of increasing in eating sea foods. To better assess the strength of this conclusion, I would need more information about the demographic profile of the study’s respondents and about the accuracy of the statement that more families are two-income families. And also I need sufficient information to evaluate in which kind of healthy foods people will be more interested.

argument 2 and argument 3 are talking about the same thing.

You need to argue against the conclusion: 'Therefore, a new Bay City restaurant specializing in seafood will be quite popular and profitable.'.