A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of f

A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of families in Bay City are two-income families, and a nationwide study has shown that such families eat significantly fewer home-cooked meals than they did a decade ago but at the same time express more concern about healthful eating. Therefore, the new Captain Seafood restaurant that specializes in seafood should be quite popular and profitable.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be addressed in order to decide whether the conclusion and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to the questions would help to evaluate the conclusion.

Author of this article concludes that new restaurant with specialty in seafood would be very profitable and popular. He based his conclusion on the fact that consumption of seafood dishes increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Additionally, because the major group of people in the city are families where both parents work, considering their eating habits, they would be the potential clients of a new restaurants. In order to decide whether the new Captain Seafood restaurant will be profitable, several questions need to be answered.

First and foremost, the author mentions about 30 percent increase in seafood dishes consumption during the past five years. Does the current market satisfy the needs for seafood demand? Maybe the market is saturated, and every client has already his/her seafood provider. If there still is additional need for food from the sea, is it the demand for raw, unprepared seafood or restaurant seafood? Maybe people buying seafood already developed their habits, and buy raw shrimps to prepare their favourite recipe at home, for instance.

Secondly, author postulates that two-income families eat significantly fewer home-cooked meals. Second question that requires an answer would be where do families eat? If parents eat at work and children at school, the new restaurant most probably would not gain additional clients.

At last, do families consider seafood dishes as a healthy choice? The fact that women in pregnancy and young children should avoid seafood due to health risks, could be a serious drawback and could lessen the argument that families can be potential restaurant's clients.

Based on the unfounded assumptions, additional questions are needed to be answered in order to decide whether the new restaurant will make desirable profit. Ideally, a detailed survey among Bay City citizens would bring unequivocal answer whether the potential new restaurant will be popular or not.