"A recent study rating 300 male and female Mentian advertising executives according to the average number of hours they sleep per night showed an association between the amount of sleep the executives need and the success of their firms. Of the advertisin

"A recent study rating 300 male and female Mentian advertising executives according to the average number of hours they sleep per night showed an association between the amount of sleep the executives need and the success of their firms. Of the advertising firms studied, those whose executives reported needing no more than 6 hours of sleep per night had higher profit margins and faster growth. These results suggest that if a business wants to prosper, it should hire only people who need less than 6 hours of sleep per night."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

In this argument author has tried to make a relationship between the sleeping duration of a person and success of a firm. However , this is a baseless argument . One can not directly relate the success of an organization to sleeping hours. There are numerous factors which must be considered while taking a survey regarding triumph of any organization. Here , author has failed to do so .

In the first place , author has related the employees' average sleep per night to Mentian advertising's success. He has failed to include the most essential factors to gain success in his argument. The most vital factor for the prevail of a company is the perspicacity of its employees. In his paltry argument author has considered only night sleep . Whereas there is no direct relationship between shrewdness of worker and his sleeping hours. A person sleeping 8 hours on an average can be more acute than a person sleeping 6 hours . It is spurious to relate both the terms.

Moreover , work environment also affect the performance of the employee. A company providing affable environment is more likely to succeed then that with authoritarian environment. Characteristics of the board of directors also influence the favorable outcomes. The way the higher authority behaves with lower authority has significant importance on victory of the organization. In addition to this , the success also depends upon the communication between employees. For getting flying colors , the company should provide formal as well as informal communication links. Solicitous employees , alacrity of management also affect the status of the firm. The amalgamation of many factors extract success.

Further , author has alleged universal approval to the survey taken in a particular company i.e. 'Mentian advertising'. Associating the characteristics of 300 people to a general conclusion is completely inane. This perfunctory assertion exacerbates the argument.

Hence , it can be said that the author's stand is histrionic. The conclusion of author may be true for Mentian advertising , but not for all the organizations. The argument stipulates many more reasons to be veracious. Author has presented a false paradigm. Thus this argument is ostensible and need to be bolstered by many other facets. The author has to work towards making his editorial logically correct.