"Sadly, widespread negative images of businesspeople have been created in large part by television. Consider the fact that, although they make up a mere 10 percent of the characters in dramatic roles on television, businesspeople are responsible for about

"Sadly, widespread negative images of businesspeople have been created in large part by television. Consider the fact that, although they make up a mere 10 percent of the characters in dramatic roles on television, businesspeople are responsible for about one-fifth of all the crime on television shows. In fact, in a recent survey of television producers, only 35 percent of the television roles for businesspeople were viewed as positive ones." -

Write a response in which you examine the argument’s unstated assumptions, making sure to explain how the argument depends on the assumptions and what the implications are if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The argument presented here tries to ascertain a reason behind the "widespread negative images of businesspeople", and tries to assign the blame on stereotypes created by television. But upon analyzing the argument, it seems hasty and incomplete. In addition, a number of faulty assumptions have been made, further deteriorating the overall effect of the argument.

Firstly, while stating that despite being only 10 percent of the characters, businesspeople contribute about one-fifth of the total crime in TV shows, the author implies that this ratio is extremely high - depicting businesspeop...

Sentence: Its not explicitly stated how many television producers were surveyed, or whether the survey covered all possible types of television shows.
Description: A determiner, possessive is not usually followed by a negator
Suggestion: Refer to Its and not

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre