Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa

Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The following argument is flawed for numerous reasons.Primarily the argument is based on a unwarranted assumption that if there is no availability of boats in Palean period there is no way that the woven baskets can spread through surrounding regions. rendering it's main conclusion that Palean baskets are of not Palean origins is invalid.

Firstly,the argument fails to provide any justification that there no means of any other communication routes between two places Pale--an and lithos . So , the authors conclusion that there are no boats available to transport the baskets therefore the baskets are not unique to Palean is a vague conclusion. the conclusion may be stronger if the author has provide a detailed premises that conclude there is no communication between two regions.

Secondly,the author provides information that there are no Palean boats avaiable therefore therein no communication with lithos, But the author failed to provide information about the lithos people that are there any boats built by lithos or any other people came to Palean ho are capable of sailing and spread the basket to lithos. So,the author failed to provide conclusive information that may provide stronger base for the argument

Finally,the author also fails to provide information about the basket that was found in lithos. the author only mention that the both baskets are similar but fails to provide key information that made the basket origin as Palean. if the author had provided this information at least the argument may come together. But, with out this information the total argument will fall a part because the basket found lithos may or may not be the basket that is manufactured by Palean people.

Because the argument makes several unwarranted assumptions, it fail to make a convincing case that Palean baskets are not of Palean origin.

Sentence: So , the authors conclusion that there are no boats available to transport the baskets therefore the baskets are not unique to Palean is a vague conclusion. the conclusion may be stronger if the author has provide a detailed premises that conclude there is no communication between two regions.
Description: A verb 'to have', present tense, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to has and provide

Sentence: Because the argument makes several unwarranted assumptions, it fail to make a convincing case that Palean baskets are not of Palean origin.
Description: The fragment it fail to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace fail with verb, past tense

Sentence: Secondly,the author provides information that there are no Palean boats avaiable therefore therein no communication with lithos, But the author failed to provide information about the lithos people that are there any boats built by lithos or any other people came to Palean ho are capable of sailing and spread the basket to lithos.
Error: avaiable Suggestion: available

No. of Different Words: 129