Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa

Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument

The argument is mainly based on the following three points.Primarily, the author assumes that Woven baskets characterized by a distinctive pattern have been found only in the immediate vicinity of Palea village. Secondly, the river that separates Palean and Lithos villages is deep and broad. Thirdly, the discovery of such a palean basket in Lithos, made by the archaeologists.

The following argument is flawed for numerous reasons. Firstly, the argument assumes that the Wowen basket have previously been found in the immediate vicinity of the Palean village. This assumption is flawed for the main reason that, the basket was found in the vicinity. But this could have been the reason of weather changes such as a wind. It could also be the reason that, visitors from neighboring village or campers from a different place have left it behind forgetfully. Hence, this does not remotely lead to the assumption that Woven baskets were made only by the Palean people.

Secondly, the author considers, the river that separates the two villages Palean and Lithos, with only means of transport being the boat. Since the Brim River is said to be very deep and broad, the assumption that the only means of transport as being the boat is flawed. The deep and broad river might have made the people from both villages unite together to construct a bridge which could have helped them travel back and forth.
On the contrary, considering that the Palean people had distinct relatives or friends from the Lithose group of people might have made them utilize the boat as the only means of transport to travel across to visit. This without any doubt could have paved way to exchanging token of gratitude, using the baskets. Hence might have been discovered on the other side of the river in the Lithos region.

Thirdly, the argument is based from the prehistoric villages, humongous amount of changes that take place: weather, climate, soil erosion, migration of people from one place to another in search of shelter and food, especially if the time is dated to prehistoric age. The basket could have undergone a lot of transformations and might have mislead the archeologists come to the assumption that the basket does not belong to the Palean people.

An example to support this can be stated: according to history that Wright brothers invented the flying plane. But to contradict this fact many manuscripts and proofs of the design of aircrafts dating prior to the time of Wright brothers have been discovered in India. This does not suggest that the Wright brothers were plagiarists but the time of occurrence of the events is one of the significant factors that need to be considered.

Finally, Because the argument makes some of the unwarranted assumptions, it fails to make a convincing case when the origin of the Waven baskets is taken into account.

argument 2 -- not OK. //maybe the river is not deep in the ancient time.

argument 3 -- same to argument 1

argument 4 -- not OK //it is out of topic
--------------------