154The following appeared in a letter from a firm providing investment advice to a client.Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region experie

Writer stated that Most homes in the northeastern United States have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating but hasn't provided the information of the other probabilities of new heating fuel. Argument is convincing at first sight to investment in Consolidated industries but when deeply investigate other loopholes than it doesn't remain convincing.

Writer assumed that most homes used traditional oil but haven't stated remaining other home's condition. Maybe they used other source and this new trend would be viral in that area. It would be the case that in future they may found another fuel for heating, maybe oil price hiked and they had to find another source. Maybe other competitors would enter in the market with low price.

Further, heating season in region experienced 90 days from 365 days than remaining days what to do, if they invested much penny in this business that it would be loss in major business. In that region population were increasing but it doesn't mean this growth remain constant for upcoming years.It would be the case that people would go to the warm place in US. Also, writer haven't provided the population of current year and population growth percentage so it would be risky to conclude new strategy.

Further more,writer stated that 'several more years' but hasn't provided exact years so it would be two years or three years and after that pattern would be change than serious problem would be occur.

In sum, writer had good point but haven't stated other possible condition and quickly jumped to the conclusion and that was not reasonable, for new major business they have to survey deeply in that area and than conclude appropriate decision.

they may found another fuel for heating
they may find another fuel for heating

Correct arguments:

1. The argument essentially relies on a prediction that the cold weather pattern will continue

2. Even if we assume that the prediction on the climate pattern is trustworthy, the predicted rise in heating oil demand still needs further substantiation.

3. Granted that the oil demand will increase, it still remains unclear whether Consolidated could consequently enjoy a significant profit gain.