69Some people believe it is often necessary, even desirable, for political leaders to withhold information from the public. Others believe that the public has a right to be fully informed.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely align

69 Some people believe it is often necessary, even desirable, for political leaders to withhold information from the public. Others believe that the public has a right to be fully informed. Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

People who live in a society are always want to get informed about what is happening and why this phenomenon is happening, and they want the answers from their political leader. Sometimes they can receive satisfied and well-rounded answers, but sometimes cannot. Then some of the people may start complaining the leaders of deception and withholding information. About this, my personal opinion is we should respect the leader's response for their hidden consideration while we should also express our own voice in case of the autocratic governing.

Sometimes, the political leaders may hide some information from their citizens for good cause. Because the negative or unwarranted news may cause turmoil in society and disturb the social peaceful situation. For example, after the tragedy of 911, the government can not fully inform the public how much damage exactly brought by the terrorists and the possible outcomes. At that time, the mental and physical conditions of the public were extremely fragile that they may be not capable of enduring much more devastated news. Out of the consideration of social order and possible risks might come along, the leaders have to inform the public the truth in more delicate ways.

However, it should not allow that the government hide the truth from the public only for covering up their mistakes which may stains its glamorous image. This act may impede the healthy relationship of the government and the public, cause suspicion of government's efficiency and reliability from the public and also hinder the process of solving problems. For example, in 2003, SARS caused huge disaster in China. However, and its impacts should have been lowered if the government could inform its citizens from the start immediately. The worries of potential social commotions might be reasonable, however, the disaster it brought along was overwhelmed and heartbroken.

Moreover, the government kept things from their citizens may cause interior corruption. Without the supervision and participation of the public, the political leaders may easily subject to their desires and form autocratic government. For example, Adolf Hitler, the notorious historic politician, because of his dictatorship, the whole human races suffered from bloody wars and drawbacks from their once prosperous and peaceful society.

Therefore, the public deserve the right to be noted the truth because they are part of the society, and they endow the power to their political leaders, although they also need to show their respect to their leaders' reasonable considerations. Only efficacious communication and reciprocation, the society can be harmonious and fast-developed.

Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.842 0.12 (very high)