In this age of intensive media coverage it is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for th

In this age of intensive media coverage, it is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Indeed, because of fierce competition around the entire globe, individuals tend to take any step that can help them to reach acme of success. Today, most of the people do not think about the path that will lead them towards the success. Some may even opt for ill considered or unethical route for becoming front runners of their field. And once they succeed in achieving so, people term them as "hero" of the respective fields. But then this might result in dooms day for their followers, the day when they find out what their real heroes are made of.

Latest example of cycling legend Lance Armstrong supports the above stated view. It shattered millions of hearts when the fact that Armstrong might have consumed drugs came into reality. He was the man that inspired millions of people who where and who are fighting cancer. It is was indeed appropriate to mark him as "hero" considering the fact that he fought bravely with cancer all through out his life. But this new fact that was brought into open recently, might harm his heroic stature. The youngsters who want to pursue their career in cycling wills till consider him as a man to look upon, solely for his achievements in the sport. But one cannot be blamed if he or she does not consider him idol anymore.

However not all the heroes fall in same category. There are few "heroes" who have achieved success purely on fair and diligent efforts. And even a fastidious media scrutiny would not tame them of their heroic stature. The greats like Sachin Tendulkar have always been under scrutiny all through his career. But no one has ever blamed him for taking invalid means for achieving the heroic stature. Similarly, People like Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Kalpana Chawla and many more are considered pure and clean heroes because they had always been transparent and fail.

Society expects a lot when it nominates an individual as hero. Heroes have great responsibility of not only satisfying the expectations of society but also inspire its young population in right way. Not all people are gifted with these great qualities. And hence not any Tom, Dick and Harry can be and should be termed as hero. At the end of the day, its depends on society whether to absorb the positive actions of an individual or to deride him by highlighting his negative actions.

Sentence: It is was indeed appropriate to mark him as 'hero' considering the fact that he fought bravely with cancer all through out his life.
Description: The tag a verb 'to be', present tense, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by was
Suggestion: Refer to is and was